Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've called around town and I cannot find anyone with CRG levers. What are some good (and reputable) places to order from in the west coast? It can be Internet or telephone orders, just as long as they are reliable.

Thanks,
-c

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
At the top of the page, just to the right of the FireBlades logo is where you want to click.
Hide your wallet, as you will get very friendly with Dan and spend a few dollars.

Of course, you should be replacing that hideous bodywork first. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Athens954 said:
Dan Kyle

That's going to be my next mod. :thumb:
FYI, there is currently a CRG lever available for the brake lever only on a 954. Dunno why. They make both clutch and brake for a 929 (they aren't interchangable with a 954), but I think someone with a 954 replaced the clutch bracket, housing, whatever it's called, with 929 stuff so the CRG clutch lever could be used.

·
Registered
522 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
FYI, there is currently a CRG lever available for the brake lever only on a 954. Dunno why. They make both clutch and brake for a 929 (they aren't interchangable with a 954), but I think someone with a 954 replaced the clutch bracket, housing, whatever it's called, with 929 stuff so the CRG clutch lever could be used.
Really!!! :eek:

That doen't make sense. I can't find CRC web site. I was reading it the other day. Do you know where I can find them again?

Ta

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I just received my CRG levers (929) from Dan, actually just the brake lever (clutch lever was wrong model), and I really like the shortened brake lever. I may request to exchange for the longer version on the clutch side, we'll see once I get it (hopefully today). Sorry no pics, but it was the posted pics of the member who won the raffle and got them that finally persuaded me. Too lazy to post link to thread, advance search for CRG to find pics.

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
I can't find a CRG website now, either. But, it's not listed on Dan's site, only the brake lever is, and I do remember reading it somewhere.

SuperDave, how do you like the look of the shorter lever? I want to get those levers, but I can't decide between the short and long. Any difference in feel with the shorter one?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
I can't find a CRG website now, either. But, it's not listed on Dan's site, only the brake lever is, and I do remember reading it somewhere.

SuperDave, how do you like the look of the shorter lever? I want to get those levers, but I can't decide between the short and long. Any difference in feel with the shorter one?
I was a little uncertain at first on the look of the short version brake lever but the feel is excellent (I just wish I could actually ride and judge). The shortened lever allows a maximum of three fingers, I typically only use two and the angle of the lever is comfortable to grab. I never used to keep a finger on the brake lever while riding but I can see myself doing it now as the lever is closer and has excellent click type adjustments. Can't comment on the CRG longer version as of yet. My only minor complaint is cosmetic as it looks a little strange (although I'm getting used to it) next to my throttlemeiser bar end - short lever/long looking bar end. I'm looking into powder coating the throttlemeiser bar ends black. (I know, I'm anal - LOL)

We'll see about the clutch side, like I said, I may want to try the longer version on that end.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
SuperDave said:
I was a little uncertain at first on the look of the short version brake lever but the feel is excellent (I just wish I could actually ride and judge). The shortened lever allows a maximum of three fingers, I typically only use two and the angle of the lever is comfortable to grab. I never used to keep a finger on the brake lever while riding but I can see myself doing it now as the lever is closer and has excellent click type adjustments. Can't comment on the CRG longer version as of yet. My only minor complaint is cosmetic as it looks a little strange (although I'm getting used to it) next to my throttlemeiser bar end - short lever/long looking bar end. I'm looking into powder coating the throttlemeiser bar ends black. (I know, I'm anal - LOL)

We'll see about the clutch side, like I said, I may want to try the longer version on that end.

I agree, I do that same style of brake covering. I had no idea that these were shorter...I guess I will check into them. Thanks for going into detail, now I understand a little better what the "want factor" is! :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
showmethebombs said:
I agree, I do that same style of brake covering. I had no idea that these were shorter...I guess I will check into them. Thanks for going into detail, now I understand a little better what the "want factor" is! :)
I go into detail about EVERYTHING! :D

The want factor for me was the lever functionality, not to mention the coolness factor [bling] :smilebig:

Dan told me people select all sorts of different combinations as to short versus long lever or combo of both for brake or clutch side, just personal preference.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered my Clutch and Brake levers from Dan today. Thanks for the information.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts