Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to adjust my fork sag but ran out of pre-load. I need stiffer springs. Where's the best place to get springs?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Denny, I have a brand new set of .95 RaceTech springs, never installed and still in the wrapper & box. I've been procrastinating on putting them up for sale. Let me know if you are interested, I'll give you a great deal on them.

-Pete

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm interested. How much?

They might be a little stiff. I think they are recommending .85 for me. I weigh 185lb.

How much do you weigh?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Pete : Denny, I have a brand new set of .95 RaceTech springs, never installed and still in the wrapper & box.  I've been procrastinating on putting them up for sale.  Let me know if you are interested, I'll give you a great deal on them.

-Pete
Do you still have these?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Denny : I'm interested. How much?

They might be a little stiff. I think they are recommending .85 for me. I weigh 185lb.

How much do you weigh?
Call Dan Kyle to get the final word on whether or not .95 RaceTech springs will work for you. I'm don't want to be the one responsible for making that recommendation for you, as the sale will be final.

The price is $40 plus shipping.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
fivestar929 : Do you still have these?
Yes. You have second dibs behind Denny, if the price I quoted is okay for you.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Pete : Quote (fivestar929 @ June 30 2003, 6:03am)Do you still have these?
Yes.  You have second dibs behind Denny, if the price I quoted is okay for you.
Put me third in line Pete. <sigh>

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK. I'm checking with Dan right now. If they are a fit for me I will take them. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out. Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pete, I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you happen to measure your sag after you put the .95's in? Just wondering what I will be getting. Right now it's 55mm.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I will say that while running these springs in my 929, bouncing up third-gear wheelies was a piece of cake, and the landings were much less jarring than with the stock springs.

-Pete

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Denny : Did you happen to measure your sag after you put the .95's in?  Just wondering what I will be getting. Right now it's 55mm.
Sounds like we're in the same boat, Denny. I FINALLY got together with a local track guy, an expert racer of 20 years, to sort out my suspension. Even at MAX PRELOAD on the forks, I'm over the high end limit for sag by about 5mm. But I'm better than I was with about 55mm of sag before we began to work. Got the back end set up with several clicks more preload on the shock spring and added rebound damping all the way around.

I went out on the bike today and it's damn near transformed. Sweepers that I used to be able to negotiate at ~80 mph were almost unsettlingly easy at 15 better than that. I don't get the wiggling through the bars as I once did either.

Man, setting up your suspension just might be the best money you never spent.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pete : Quote (Denny @ June 30 2003, 2:11pm)Pete, I sent you a pm.
For some reason, I didn't get it.
I'll try again. I sent you my address so you can figure the shipping. I can pay with Paypal, check, or MO.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chain : Quote (Denny @ June 30 2003, 2:40pm)Did you happen to measure your sag after you put the .95's in?  Just wondering what I will be getting. Right now it's 55mm.
Sounds like we're in the same boat, Denny. I FINALLY got together with a local track guy, an expert racer of 20 years, to sort out my suspension. Even at MAX PRELOAD on the forks, I'm over the high end limit for sag by about 5mm. But I'm better than I was with about 55mm of sag before we began to work. Got the back end set up with several clicks more preload on the shock spring and added rebound damping all the way around.

I went out on the bike today and it's damn near transformed. Sweepers that I used to be able to negotiate at ~80 mph were almost unsettlingly easy at 15 better than that. I don't get the wiggling through the bars as I once did either.

Man, setting up your suspension just might be the best money you never spent.  
Yes. For the last track day, I put a tie wrap on the fork leg to see how far my forks were compressing. They were bottoming out!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pete : I will say that while running these springs in my 929, bouncing up third-gear wheelies was a piece of cake, and the landings were much less jarring than with the stock springs.

-Pete
So are these springs an extra set? Never been installed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts