Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ANY THING GOING ON IN AZ TO NIGHT 6/10/07 JUST WANT TO RIDE CHILL ?
I know the thread is a bit old, but none the less. I'm in Tucson/Phoenix, and have found some decent places within a short distance.

For Tucson:
- Mt Lemmon (a absolute must if you have the time)
Just take Catalina HWY all the way up to Summerhaven. Bring rain gear as it rain's pretty often

- Sonoita
Take i10 east to exist 283 I believe (scenic route 83), it's a beautiful ride, not too much traffic, low police activity, just watch out for the curves as I recently whipped out here.

For Phoenix:
- Take US60 East to Globe and explore around, there's several lakes out there, and tons of decent roads with plenty of twisties (if you're into it).

Outside of that, if you're looking to get away from the heat during the summer you really have to head into the mountains or into northern AZ.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We rode the Bush Highway last night and it was real nice with the cool air coming down off the mountains. Good road for a beginner and little to no traffic at night.
Easiest way is to take U.S. 60 to Ellsworth Road and head north. You'll go up a long hill and it will drop you down onto the Bush Highway at a four way stop. Turn right and follow that all the way past the Saguaro Lake turnoff until it intersects with Highway 87. You could go left (south) and head back to Mesa, or just turn around and do the Bush again. Fun ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts