Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 2000 Honda cbr 929rr. Well I had to go away for awhile and thought I would leave the bike with someone. Now I get the bike back and won't start. The red light comes on goes off then flashes. I can put a couple drops of gas to each cylinder and it will fire up but dies when the fuel runs out of course. So my guess is its getting fire but no fuel. Where would be the best place to start eliminating what the problem is? The fuel pump is kicking on I can break the fuel line loose on the rail and turn switch on and get fuel.any way to get code without a scanner?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Well I have a 2000 Honda cbr 929rr. Well I had to go away for awhile and thought I would leave the bike with someone. Now I get the bike back and won't start. The red light comes on goes off then flashes. I can put a couple drops of gas to each cylinder and it will fire up but dies when the fuel runs out of course. So my guess is its getting fire but no fuel. Where would be the best place to start eliminating what the problem is? The fuel pump is kicking on I can break the fuel line loose on the rail and turn switch on and get fuel.any way to get code without a scanner?

If the pump is running then the injectors are probably blocked with fuel residue.
I assume you are running fresh fuel?
The flashing MIL is throwing codes with long and short flashes, you don't use any scanner to read the codes. Count the flashes and look up the codes in the manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts