Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was going to stay in San Diego, but the plans fell through when I kinda hurt my leg, then I was going to move to Florida with my brother, but the Navy says they 'Have no money' to move me to the East coast even though I would've moved everthing myself. Now I have a few options, Washinton state, I like Washington a lot, nice place, Hawaii, nice place to visit, but I really don't know if I'd want to live there. My hometown, tempting. Or try to stay in this expensive frikkin town of San Diego, which I really don't want to do.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Dude, if they'll move you to Hawaii go. You'll be at the beach everyday looking at hot women. On the big island there are plenty of guys that ride. There is one guy on Rogue from there, you should try to find him. His name is something like RCHawaii. Washington isn't bad either, Bremberton?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where yet in Washington, probably around Whidbey Island, if it was Hawaii it would be Oahu.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ND4SPDSHO : Carolina's.  Where you gonna go on vacation if you move to Hawaii?
Can't go East coast or I'd go to Florida. I guess I'd go somewhere boring for vacation if I lived in Hawaii.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Grew up in Ohio, have been in Tucson for 29 years. My girlfriend and I are now thinking about moving to southern Idaho. Washington is a beautiful state, but be prepared for lottttts of rain and cloudy days.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I had a choice of all the places you mentioned? Stay where you are. You are going to miss San Diego if you leave. What is wrong with it? Great weather, roads, ect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would not suggest Hawaii. You will get tired of it fast. Oahu has no good roads to ride. Well the roads might be fun but there are always cars on them. Cant do speed unless you are crazy.

Guys from Oahu go/ship there bikes to the Big Island once a year to ride the roads there. They also usually go home with 2-3 bikes less then they came with. I'm from the Big Island. There are a lot of motorcycle riders but most ride Harleys. There are a few Great roads on the Big Island but it also rains a lot.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
If I could live anywhere it would be San Diego, but you have to have mad coin to be able to afford a good lifestyle there. Thus, I live in the armpit of the world: Cleveland.

I would do WA state dude. Mountians and no extremes in temp (unless you change elevation).

HD

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
He wouldn't be in Hawaii forever guys, have you actually seen all the ladies on the beach there? Um, I think I could chill out on riding for a year or 2.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
WTF? They'll send you to Hawaii but not Florida? What's up man, are you ETSing, PCSing?

The only thing you'd NOT like about Washington is the weather. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, cloudy, sprinkles, sprinkles, rain, clear for an hour, more rain, rain ... it's a vicious cycle. Lived in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years, summer lasts about 2 months. One plus though, at least you wouldn't get too terribly hot in full leathers . It is a beautiful place though, and a lot friendlier than California. Gunshots, fire bombs, rioting, and such are far less common up there ... well maybe not gunshots, but up there you can safely assume they're target practicing and not sending stray rounds in your direction. I think you'd like Wash. but you'd get itchy to ride ... ALOT. Good luck with whatever you decide ... no matter where you go it'll take some getting used to.

Kinda curious, your last deployment you were buying chit left and right ... anything this time around? What've you done to the Piggy-One?

Don't forget to bring yer [email protected] up here when you get home.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I probably would've bought some cool stuff this time, but we went nowhere. We stopped in Bahrain twice for a total of 7 days, until now, I've had a total of 3 days off in 5 1/2 months . The 51 didn't get much...since there really isn't that much left I can do to it, I got a 2-1 Jardine and a set of stock wheels for spares, that's about it.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'd probably opt for WA state also...but be prepared to be in a shi**y mood all time with the rain and cloudy days.... ....there should be some good roads there though if that's any consolation....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hawaii would be my choice. But you have to keep one thing in mind. Unless your banking a hefty paycheck, you'll live in poverty. You won't have to worry whether or not the roads there are good cause you won't be able to afford the gas. Everything is expensive there. EVERYTHING! But then again, I hear California isn't exactly cheap either.

There are lots of toursist, the only high speed roads are highways, and you'll pay double for just about everything ... but they don't call it paradise for nothing. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
where did you enter the military at? they have to move you back equal distant to that place (regs)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts