Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have decided to do my homework this time before I buy my bike not like last time when I bought my CBR 600 F4 because I liked the colour :nono:

I bought that bike then did my homework and found out the F4i was a nicer and better bike and spent alot of money changing it to a F4i but I sold it for what I paid for it so I cant complain :)

anyway I have about 4000 euro ($5500) to spend

So do I go for the 929_______954______1000rr

My gut is telling me 954

also what should I look for?? what problems do they give??

Thanks for any advice

Des

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride a 954. It's light as a feather compared to lot of litre bikes, handles great and has a bit of an attitude :)

If you get the chance ride all three before making up your mind. They are all good in their own ways

·
Registered
342 Posts
its hard to find parts, especially fairings for the 929, and what you do find is typically expensive. little bit easier and cheaper with the 954but not much. its mostly because each bike was made for 2 years each.

heard about stator issues on all blades 00-05, 929 being the most known for it.

personally i would go 954 or wait for a deal on a 06-07 1000rr but i have a 06-07 1000rr bias

·
Registered
72 Posts
:thumb: If you buy a 954 that's been well cared for, you won't regret it. I'm the 2nd owner of mine, and it was better than showroom clean when I bought it. Only failure has been the speedo sensor. It's been a LOT of fun--wish you the same!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Find a well looked after 893cc original!
just to throw an other option!

......but again, I'm biased too!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Problems?

Get ready for charging issues if you go for the 929 ( and most likely the 954 as well ).

you'll be replacing stators more often than tires.
I bought my 929 with a crash-damaged stator, and put in an aftermarket one. I've got 8k on it since then, with no issues other than a pebble jamming the HTEV.

Not exactly "more often than tires".

·
Registered
824 Posts
08-10 :) totally biased opinion!!!! i have never ridden a bike that has sooo much power and handles so great...after the mods i did...its really quite ridiculous how powerful it is...not a good beginner bike...i think thats why so many people are crashing them..they get good deals and jump the gun on buying a litre bike when they should have waited another couple years...

i had a 954 and my friend has one now and they are great bikes also...but there is just nooooo way it would ever stand a chance against the 08

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.