Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new on hear!

Looking at getting a Blade.

Which is better I have found a nice 2007 silver blade with 3700 on the clock. Looks and rides awesome.

Also looking at a 2008 blade (the newer model) but the write ups seem to favour the 2007 model.

Opinions?

Many thanks

PAUL:confused:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just curious what writeups your looking at, the 08 won Masterbike that year, the 07 wasnt even a contender in its masterbike year..

To be honest, though if this is your first 1000, either would be good as its a fair bet that you wouldnt be able to fully use the bike to its potential. On the road both bike function as fun bikes with incredible acceleration and handling with the 08 model being slightly better in the handling department due to the way its designed, not to mention the weight.

I have owned an 08 and now own an 09 Repsol, they are incredible bikes, but I wouldnt mind putting an 07 Repsol in my garage right next to my 09 ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Which ever u like he most, I have had both bikes and I had over 10,000 miles on both.. The midrange is better on the 07, while the upper end on the 08 is alittle better.. I had both bikes on the same dyno the same day and the numbers were very close.. The 08 is lighter and steers lighter and probally with mods is a better as far as a track bike.. But the finish and quality on my 07 was worlds better, I had plenty of problems with my 08 and zero problems with my 07.. With that said, make no mistake about it the 08 is worthy of the masterbike award.. As far as looks, that's subject to the buyer..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replys. I have had a test ride on both. It's not my first 1000 I have owned a couple of R1's and a zx10. Both blades were awesome and performed very well.

For me I like the look of the 07 bike over the 08/09.

Found myself a mint silver blade with only 3750 miles on the clock full history, seat cowl, new tyres and a few other extras. Was up for £5800 but got it for £5400. Considering it's mint I thought that was a good price. Pick it up later at 2pm!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Congrats mate, sounds like a good deal.

As others have said, you can't really go wrong with either.

I really like the 07 Repsol, but I love my black and white 08 to bits.

A bike mag I read on the plane to the states, can't remember which, puts the 09 blade 3rd in the top 50 bikes of 2009. A couple of triumphs came joint 1st, but the main factor was that they are a lot cheaper.

Get some photos up of your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That would have been "Bike" mag. The "two" bikes put ahead of the 'blade were the Triumph Street Triple and the Triumph Street Triple R and as you say largely down to price and therefore value for money. The two models however cannot be compared against the Fireblade as they are 675 cc nakeds and no doubt excellent fun for messing around on but a totally different class and riding experience.
By the way I am having BST carbon wheels fitted tomorrow to my 08 'blade so will let you know how they feel compared to the stock ones. Can't wait!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts