·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
both of those Taichi's are nice (although I think I like the Evo's better). Good suggestions but I kinda wanna stay in the $100 ball park or just under. I do want something that's gonna last though because the Fieldsheers I have developed a hole in the side of the tip of one finger (probably from rubbing against the next finger). And I've only had them for 2 seasons. I know they aren't as high a quality gloves as either of the ones I mentioned or the ones you guys said but a whole from just plain wearing them seems pretty crappy to me.

Anymore suggestions?

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
CBR929RE said:
both of those Taichi's are nice (although I think I like the Evo's better). Good suggestions but I kinda wanna stay in the $100 ball park or just under. I do want something that's gonna last though because the Fieldsheers I have developed a hole in the side of the tip of one finger (probably from rubbing against the next finger). And I've only had them for 2 seasons. I know they aren't as high a quality gloves as either of the ones I mentioned or the ones you guys said but a whole from just plain wearing them seems pretty crappy to me.

Anymore suggestions?
The Taichi max's on ebay are 85....

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heavy-Dee said:
I think you should get some work gloves.

HD
hahaha very funny. I'm almost done with my truck driver training. One more lesson monday to try all the cone maunevers that I've learned and make sure I can still do all of them. if that goes well I'll have them set up an appointment for the license test. Then once I get that its off to job hunting (the school has lifetime job placement assistance. Plus there's a ton of truck driving jobs out there)

·
Registered
177 Posts
BDA116 said:
Icon TiMax.
i bought a pair of those last year before realizing that icon was pretty much squid wear... thank god i didn't take acid and buy some of the "bling" variety or any of the goofy colors

as flashy as they may be, i still think they will protect my hands very well in a crash... plus they were expensive, so i don't want to just throw them out and buy new ones

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RRWANTR said:
The Taichi max's on ebay are 85....
I'm not huge on the styling and I worry about the size. they do say they run small so a medium would be a small which is what I'm looking for but I'd be happier buying a small.

BDA116 said:
Icon TiMax.
why don't I just make it the Bling while I'm at it. Although I like the look of the TiMax gloves I'd never wear them. They're too heavy and I've heard a story or 2 about the metal cutting into your hand in a crash (probably an extreme circumstance though).

Hammer said:
I don't know why I didn't think to look at newenough. Very good prices. I like the Joe Rocket 5.0 dealies (have to email for a price) But nothing else really caught my eye so much. Although the Teknic's are there for a good price.

I'm kinda leaning towards those Moto GP ones. I figure no one else seems to have them yet so I might as well be the whipping boy and test them out.

Anymore suggestions keep them coming.
I'm gonna hold off until tomorrow evening to order anything so I can get the last few opinions and that way the order can be processed monday morning and get sent out asap.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
FYW I have some JR Phoenix gloves and found them disappointing. I have 2 sets of Tour Masters and like both (one is vented leather, the other is armored)

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sheepofblue said:
FYW I have some JR Phoenix gloves and found them disappointing. I have 2 sets of Tour Masters and like both (one is vented leather, the other is armored)
thats a perfect example of kind of reply I'm looking for.
I have a pair of JR mesh/textile/leather ones. I wear them when its really really hot and I'm not going to far (easier to do just one velcro strap as opposed to 2 per glove) They aren't on the site anymore so I guess they don't make them anymore. I like them but don't wear them a lot. I much prefer a good full leather guantlet style glove. The hands are the first thing you try to break you fall with instinctively so I'd rather have some good protection there.

The Tour Master Robomax's are pretty sweet looking, they might be third on my list. I've heard good stuff about them in a recent thread.

Maybe I should wait till monday night to place an order as the sundays are usually dead around here. See if I can get a bunch of opinions. You people suck, you make me want all this stuff and just make my decisions harder.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
CBR929RE said:
thats a perfect example of kind of reply I'm looking for.
I have a pair of JR mesh/textile/leather ones. I wear them when its really really hot and I'm not going to far (easier to do just one velcro strap as opposed to 2 per glove) They aren't on the site anymore so I guess they don't make them anymore. I like them but don't wear them a lot. I much prefer a good full leather guantlet style glove. The hands are the first thing you try to break you fall with instinctively so I'd rather have some good protection there.

The Tour Master Robomax's are pretty sweet looking, they might be third on my list. I've heard good stuff about them in a recent thread.

Maybe I should wait till monday night to place an order as the sundays are usually dead around here. See if I can get a bunch of opinions. You people suck, you make me want all this stuff and just make my decisions harder.
Mine are Carbon Comp II and my main glove. I also have some Cruiser Gel gloves very comfortable but not armor/padding. Good for slow riding when your hand is tired.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm a glove whore.

I've used (last 2 years)-

JR Phoenix (short-cuff, carbon knuckle, strictly in-town gloves)
JR Highsides (comfortable gauntlet style, padded knuckle, great feel and comfort, but a little thin)
Speedrag (short-cuff, carbon knuckles, in-town)
GPStars (Won in raffle, thick semi-gauntlet, carbon knuckle, great in CA winter)
Teknic Chicanes (Sport riding, thicker than JR's, padded knuckle, good feel and comfort)

I'd recommend:

http://www.teknicgear.com/catalog.php?styleid=1&pid=20

The '04's are on-sale right now for (get this) $25 at Cycle Gear stores.

The above $50 gloves are good, and if I were racing, I would spend quite a bit more ($75 +), but for the price, you can get quality gloves for mucho cheap.

And, afford to buy a new pair every year if need be, though you can get 2 years out of most the gloves I've listed (as I have).

:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
sonofarex said:
as flashy as they may be, i still think they will protect my hands very well in a crash... plus they were expensive, so i don't want to just throw them out and buy new ones /snip
<<flame-proof BLING JACKET :smilebig: on>> Just cause they market their products to the squid crowd doesn't exactly make them bad gloves. I have a pair of hooligans (all black, no bling) and they're the most comfortable I've ever worn. They have also held up considerably better than a few buddies A* FWIW. I wouldn't probably have anything else thats ICON, but I think their gloves are great.

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm gonna order the MotoGP ones. I like them too much and I'll be the test monkey.

update: ordered

1 - 20 of 34 Posts