Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the bell rs1 and the hjc rpha 10 I know the weights are 3.7 for the rs1 and 3.3 for the rpha 10. I'm stuck still though. I've tried the rpha 10 but not sure if I like it. Really like the option of having the transition lenses for the rs1.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
best thing you can do is find a place where you can try them on. do some measuring. every helmet has their own shape n one might fit your particular shape better than the other. they both make pretty nice lids. keep in mind a correct fitting helmet is gonna seem tight. with it on you should not be able to grab the chin bar and move it back n forth. should almost give you fish lips! : )

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
yeah its my same feeling that lighter is better. ive got a carbon fiber helmet now n ill not be going back. a light, good fitting helmet will make all the difference in fatigue n comfort levels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I changed from AGV to HJC for my current helmet. It's the fg-15 model and it's been good so far, much cheaper than the equivalent AGV but in my opinion it's of the same standard. Very comfortable and light, my only issue has been with it misting up but that was sorted with a pin lock insert. I've got a couple of mates that own the rpha 10 and they absolutely love them, light and comfortable and much cheaper than the competition so good value. They are used in MotoGP by a couple of riders so can't be bad.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
couple easy tricks if your getting fog. of course pin lock is probably your best bet but you might still get some fog like i do even with the pin lock. what you can do is take your shield off n coat the inside with shaving cream. ive not tried the gel kind but id think it'd work fine too. anyway, coat the inside with a thin layer n let it dry on there for about five minutes. then take a paper towel or soft cloth n kinda buff it off. no more fog even if your pin lock isnt set. it doesnt last forever but it works well. another thing ive heard but havent tried yet is raw potato. cut a potato in half n peel the edges back some n rub the juice over the inside. let it dry n buff it off. ive heard that one from several old timers i know that use to race but like i said havent tried it. the shaving cream one works like a charm though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gonna have to go with the rs1 for the fact I wear glasses and reviews I've read on the rpha 10 that glasses fog up bad. I'm gonna have to take a shot in the dark on the rs1 nobody locally carries it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts