Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my very own website up Friday, now I'm curious what editor to use right now I"m using Visual Studio.net which is kinda cool but adds way too much code. I also use Textpad to make quick changes. I looked at frontpage and it didnt really click as to any benefits to it. I have Microsoft publisher @ work which seemed cool so I'm hoping to get a chance to mess around with that one more. Are there any editors available via download I can/should try???

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
ConqSoft said:
If you're creating this page to get experience for web development in the corporate world, you need to stay away from those types of editors. Learn to code HTML.
:plus1:

Nerds call it Visual N++. Or "Notepad". Visual Studio.net is cool if you are doing asp.net or c#/VB.net. If you are just doing HTML, then it's overkill.

Notepad is light, free, and you will learn the necessary skills w/o a crutch.

HD

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Adobe GoLive doesn't screw up the code too much, but it's always best just to use a text editor.
You can help teach yourself the code with something like GoLive, by using their GUI stuff and going back to the text screen and seeing the code. Then you can clean it up, make yourself simple templates that you can then go and edit, etc.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ConqSoft said:
If you're creating this page to get experience for web development in the corporate world, you need to stay away from those types of editors. Learn to code HTML.
I thought of that, I was using Visual Studio to place everything then going in and looking at the code that did it, then switch to Textpad to try and use that code on my own....but it didnt work out well. In school I used C# 4years ago so I'm having trouble re-learning it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts