Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I pick California!

Bad link ... it asks what state and city ... no phones on that page.

I've got the Motorola T720 and have no complaints ... good phone, good reception ... could be a little louder, but it works for me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I work for T-Mobile. Based on what I have seen, I would only go with either the Samsung S105 or the Nokia 6610. We've had some problems with Motorola. If you have any specific question, feel free to PM me.

Paul

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
There were issues with the T720 CDMA Motorolas. From what I've read, the GSM models were fine.

If you really want to learn too much info, go to Wireless Advisor You'll find opinions from everyone but it may help you with your decision.

I have a T720 CDMA and had only one problem. I had the phone replaced and the software version updated and all is good.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I have had the Motorola V.60 for 6 or 8 months, and considering how expensive it is I am not totally thrilled with it's performance. Might just be me, or the area I live in

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a v60g CDMA phone from Verison and it is pretty good except at work.  

I work inside an auto plant and Verison must not have any towers close by, so I have to go outside to use the phone.  People with Sprint in the plant can use them almost anywhere. So what am I saying, I don't really know, but if you are going to be stationary with your phone see what other people around you are using and what providers are getting good signals and which ones aren't.  

Just something to think about

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I would be more concerned with the provider rather than the actual phone. I would definitly stay away from T-moble. If you travel alot, get AT&T, largest network no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nedro : I would be more concerned with the provider rather than the actual phone. I would definitly stay away from T-moble. If you travel alot, get AT&T, largest network no matter what anyone says.
We've been with them for over 3 years and haven't had any problems. 99% of the calls are local so that may have something to do with it.

My work cell phone is Sprint and I'm definately not impressed.

Thanks for all the input on the phones.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
HondaGal : There were issues with the T720 CDMA Motorolas.  From what I've read, the GSM models were fine.

If you really want to learn too much info, go to Wireless Advisor  You'll find opinions from everyone but it may help you with your decision.

I have a T720 CDMA and had only one problem.  I had the phone replaced and the software version updated and all is good.  
I have the GSM and the only problem I gave myself was when I lost it and had to shell out the cash for a new one since these have that damn card you have to put in the back. They don't offer insurance for them for that reason. *Yet* AT&T said they hope to have the insurance for them at the end of summer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
nedro : I would be more concerned with the provider rather than the actual phone. I would definitly stay away from T-moble. If you travel alot, get AT&T, largest network no matter what anyone says.
T-Mobile uses the Cingular Network. Very large coverage. But it depends on where you use it. My Realtor uses AT&T and is not happy with it, but has to stay with it (she says) since she cannot transfer the number, which is her livelihood.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anothet thing, why buy one if there's one for free. I'm going to be getting a service within about a month, and am probably going with the Motorola C332. Most all of the phones have an abundance of features, I like the Motorola cause it's so light weight. I want to put it into my shirt pocket and forgedaboutit, while I ride.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I live in the South Bay Area. Last year when T-moble was running their promotion, 4 guys at work and my wife all got service from them. They are all crying now. They have almost no coverage in the entire Santa Cruz Mountain range. My AT&T service has only one dead spot in those mountains for about 3 miles. I guess it matters where you live. But when we went to Oregon, I had complete coverage of service and my wife couldn't use her's. Again, I guess it's where you live or travel to.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Skully,

I have TMo and I currently use an Ericsson R520m that I bought off eBay $75 delivered brand new. It has a little better RF then the Nokia 3360 I was using previously. When I was looking at getting a phone from TMo I was going to get the Samsung S105 over the T722 after reading and speaking with TMo reps here in Austin.

Richie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts