Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions on which bolton pipes you people think have the most mean bark. Like singe the hairs off your privates mean. Raspy and deep....does not has to be loud though. (Not D&D)! This would be for my CBR929RR!! Thanks in advance!

:)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
I'd have to agree with Niner, that would look nice. I've never heard one myself, but...

TBR are known for a rather deepish exhaust note as well, fwiw.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i guess i would have to go with erion since it would match the bike so well but it wold be nice if it didnt have that pea shooter size canister

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
If you hate the D&D, the Erion is probaly going to piss you off too. If you want a throaty grumble, go with a Devil, then my second choice would be a Hindle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I had the Erion pipe already and I just got sick of the look. The sound was nice though. I was thinking devil or micron? What about Akra and Hindle? I am so up in the air right now. I may also be interested in another Erion pipe is I can find the TI bolton. I saw it on the Erion Website and have never seen one out on the streets!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Brian929RR said:
Thanks guys, I had the Erion pipe already and I just got sick of the look. The sound was nice though. I was thinking devil or micron? What about Akra and Hindle? I am so up in the air right now. I may also be interested in another Erion pipe is I can find the TI bolton. I saw it on the Erion Website and have never seen one out on the streets!!

Arrow has a nice sounding pipe as well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You want growl, get a V4 VFR. Not the sportiest bike in the bunch, but its got a kick ass bark with any aftermarket pipe. Plus you gotta love the sound of the gear-driven cams. :drool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
CRU said:
You want growl, get a V4 VFR. Not the sportiest bike in the bunch, but its got a kick ass bark with any aftermarket pipe. Plus you gotta love the sound of the gear-driven cams. :drool:

ive had a few newbs say to me that they want there bike to sound like mine did, when i had my vfr800 with tbr pipe,. i had to say well you need a v-4 if you want this sound. i dont want to try to change this thread but i have to admit the twin sound with an exhaust is starting to grow on me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Micron (Serpents) on my Erion and I love the deep mellow tone. I'd stay stick with either the Micron, Arata, Akropovic or Hindle. They all have nice mellow deep exhaust notes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The Akra's tend to get a Buzz about them at about half way through the rpm. And not much of a bark at all. The serpent systems sound tough as fuk. I like them, but the Arata I have on my 600RR just sounds hot. But you want a bolt on, so go the Micron.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put the Erion full system on my 929. I have the Erion bike also and it sounds very nice even at idle. If your going to put on a cheap slip-on. Go with one of the other ones. If you wanna drop some loot for the Erion and PC. I'd do it again and again...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts