Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just wanted to pick the brains of you guys and girls an here about which tyres do people think are the best for an 05 1000RR blade.
it has Bridgestone battlax on at the moment but is due for some new ones soon.
I dont know if it is the suspension set up or the tyres but it doesnt feel as good on corners as it should.
My other bikes have had mitchelin pilot sports and they were pretty good on corners, but i just dont know if to buy different tyres or stick with Bridgestone
What do you think?

·
Registered
900 Posts
battleaxe 016 all day long........Oh if she aint being nice you had better play with the set up.......

·
Registered
172 Posts
all the tires are good. i've used Corsa/Corsa3/Qualifiers/002RS and on the street i found all were equal. as for getting miles out of them, they were all around 2,000 miles. (i think the Corsa's have different names now though, and they were quite pricey from what i remember)

track use: i've stuck with the 002RS's all 2009 and will use only 003RS's when the new season starts. they stick like glue, give great feedback, and look good.

and i agree w/ the above post. i've seen guy's railing on the 016's and i hear they last awhile too.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Please don't ask this question again. There is no concensus, they are all good. It's way too subjective. Do a search on this forum and be prepared to do a lot of reading.

Oh and welcome the the Forum.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yep..........everybody has a different preference mate.

They are all more capable than we are as riders.

I was going down the PP 2CT route, but may try some Maxxis Supermaxx as they are a bargain and the reviews read well.:idunno:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep..........everybody has a different preference mate.

They are all more capable than we are as riders.

I was going down the PP 2CT route, but may try some Maxxis Supermaxx as they are a bargain and the reviews read well.:idunno:
Just to add to the plethora of opinions, I am liking Dunlop on my Blade. It came with Qualifiers OEM, but I now have Qualifier IIs on for winter and they are mighty fine. Way better than Quals in the wet in my view.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whatever type of tire you go for try and get a 190/55 on the rear.
Cornering will be heaps better than a 50 profile.
I personally like the 016's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Whatever type of tire you go for try and get a 190/55 on the rear.
Cornering will be heaps better than a 50 profile.
I personally like the 016's.
What are the downs of a 55 profile? If there are no downs, why are 50's not discontinued, the 55's have been around for a while..

·
Registered
172 Posts
What are the downs of a 55 profile? If there are no downs, why are 50's not discontinued, the 55's have been around for a while..

:plus1: good question. if they're SO good (which they are, i switched and love them) then why not just get rid of the 50's? (although a $20 difference sometimes doesn't feel worth it :smilebig: )

·
Registered
75 Posts
Since it's not the tyre size Honda supplies the bike with, if you have an accident, your insurer could refuse to pay out, since you are using the "wrong" tyre. I have heard of that happening.

A 55 profile is taller, so to state the obvious, it will make the bike higher at the rear and therefore faster turning. Also slightly more ground clearance. Also a slightly smaller contact patch.

·
Registered
420 Posts
a 55 profile will only give u a smaller contact patch when directly upright, the sidewall beeing taller will actually give u more contact patch leant over and will tip in easier. i love the pirelli supercorsa pro's, but i am track biased...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I even read somewhere, that if you don't use the brand of tyre that the manufacturer recommends, your insurance could be void.

Is that true ? I'll ask at my renewal in March.

Must be guidelines, as the recommended tyres wouldn't be available forever anyway. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
A few millimetres :idunno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts