Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've been looking at a lift for my '92 Fireblade.

First I looked at the pump up ramped tables that hold the front wheel steady and you use a paddock stack at the rear. These have a removable panel to aid rear wheel removal.
Advantage: it provides a working platform, stable support, useful for various bikes and any other mechanical job you need raising.
Disadvantage: you need a second lift/ support on the platform to allow front wheel removal. Take up a lot of space.
Second I looked at the Eazy rizer lift that lifts the bike on a column/tower support using under bike support
Advantage: allows removal of front and rear wheels and even forks & swinging arm. More compact, so takes up less room in and out of use.
Disadvantage: seems to lift by the exhaust system - not sure about this from a loading/stress point of view + you can't remove the exhaust system?

Any body got experience of these lift types can give me some feedback and guidance.
Thanks for any input :)
Matt.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you don't mind shelling out 400 bucks check out the Diamondback Python T6 lift. Saw the demo at Bike Week. Amazing comes to mind.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've been looking at a lift for my '92 Fireblade.

First I looked at the pump up ramped tables that hold the front wheel steady and you use a paddock stack at the rear. These have a removable panel to aid rear wheel removal.
Advantage: it provides a working platform, stable support, useful for various bikes and any other mechanical job you need raising.
Disadvantage: you need a second lift/ support on the platform to allow front wheel removal. Take up a lot of space.
Second I looked at the Eazy rizer lift that lifts the bike on a column/tower support using under bike support
Advantage: allows removal of front and rear wheels and even forks & swinging arm. More compact, so takes up less room in and out of use.
Disadvantage: seems to lift by the exhaust system - not sure about this from a loading/stress point of view + you can't remove the exhaust system?

Any body got experience of these lift types can give me some feedback and guidance.
Thanks for any input :)
Matt.
Matt there is a bloke in Retford does lifts Martins-Bargains eBay item number:

Leslie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts