Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went riding with a group of coworkers today and lunch and they informed me that under HARD acceleration (8000+rpm), that white smoke was coming out of my exhaust of the 954.
There is zero smoke at idle, and I even accelerated less aggressively after that and looked back and nothing was coming out.
It isn't missing and seems to run smoothly otherwise.
I figured if something major was malfunctioning/broke (cracked head/block) that would be allowing water into the combustion chamber that would be causing the white smoke, that it would have other symptoms.
Could there be water in the gas I filled it up with this morning and added Seafoam?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
So I went riding with a group of coworkers today and lunch and they informed me that under HARD acceleration (8000+rpm), that white smoke was coming out of my exhaust of the 954.
There is zero smoke at idle, and I even accelerated less aggressively after that and looked back and nothing was coming out.
It isn't missing and seems to run smoothly otherwise.
I figured if something major was malfunctioning/broke (cracked head/block) that would be allowing water into the combustion chamber that would be causing the white smoke, that it would have other symptoms.
Could there be water in the gas I filled it up with this morning and added Seafoam?

Maybe the Seafoam itself is burning off?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Seafoam causes my KTM to smoke on hard throttle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gentlemens, thanks for the heads up.
That said, I assume that it's normal for Seafoam to do that and I'm not gunna worry about it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the new Pope got in your bike!!!!:evilaugh:
Well if so, the new pope is a crackhead because the 54 is still a freak.
Just for giggles, I was en route to the gas station this morning and goin about 40ish on a 35mph two lane rd and I thought to myself, 'let me try something'. I went from 2nd to first and got it up to 6500 (which was about 45mph), held it for a couple of seconds then (I didn't blip it but) twisted it. That front end came right up off the ground. :evilaugh:
Granted I only weigh about 158 lbs, but I was also fairly hunched over the tank when it did. I expected it to come up, though it startled me, but it was very stable and I just let off the throttle and it sat right back down.

Damn I love this bike.
I'm going to go out and ride it some more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts