Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I've got Convertibars on my RRW. They work OK, just limited clearance due to the fairing.
Hey Des; I love the convertibars because they allow you to rotate the 'exit' of the bars off the tubes backward, much like the coveted helibar kit which as everyone knows is no longer available. As for getting lock to lock, it's just not necessary until you're in the garage and you can crank those things up to the sky if you want.

Here's a cool link about them (I like the music) CLICKY

Ken; It came up for me, too, but you mentioned that you relocated you clutch res. and the pic looks like the stock location so I though I wasn't getting everything that you wanted us to see. All good.
OK, great, so it is visible to everyone as I wanted.

No the clutch reservoir is stock. As I said, I went back to that once I tried the flipped bars and found that there were no clearance problems with the reservoir and fairing stay because the inner end of the bars (with the controls etc) are kept relatively low compared to the grip position.

I will however fit the remote reservoir for the clutch on my track bike, but the build is not that far advanced yet.

BTW, the connector for the tube from reservoir onto a rear M/C is a direct fit onto the clutch M/C :) Which would be ideal if the outlet was pointing the other way. It's 180 degrees out :-(

Anyone got any suggestions for a clear tube to use from remote reservoir to the Fr. brake or clutch M/C? I've used some of the slightly pink airbox drain tube, but it sweats. The outside is always wet. I'm not sure if it's brake fluid or condensation due to the hygroscopic nature of the fluid within the tube, that must be permeating the plastic. I know HRC do some special tubing, but I wondered if there was a cheaper solution that's truly impervious to brake fluid.

Anyone got any suggestions for a clear tube to use from remote reservoir to the Fr. brake or clutch M/C? I've used some of the slightly pink airbox drain tube, but it sweats. The outside is always wet. I'm not sure if it's brake fluid or condensation due to the hygroscopic nature of the fluid within the tube, that must be permeating the plastic. I know HRC do some special tubing, but I wondered if there was a cheaper solution that's truly impervious to brake fluid.
The 'sweating' is definitely brake fluid. I had experienced the same thing on an earlier application after I read in a racing forum how a guy just bought the cheap stuff from the hardware store and it's 'been working great for years'. We need to get Tygon 2075. It's impervious to everything. Here's a link to some on ebay CLICKY I don't know how much she would charge to ship to the UK, though (might prove to be cost prohibitive). Also older VW's used to have remote reservoirs but the inner on that stuff is 8mm - too big for this.

The 'sweating' is definitely brake fluid. I had experienced the same thing on an earlier application after I read in a racing forum how a guy just bought the cheap stuff from the hardware store and it's 'been working great for years'. We need to get Tygon 2075. It's impervious to everything. Here's a link to some on ebay CLICKY I don't know how much she would charge to ship to the UK, though (might prove to be cost prohibitive). Also older VW's used to have remote reservoirs but the inner on that stuff is 8mm - too big for this.
Thanks for that, I'll go see what I can pick up over here.

Sorry, no more pictures, but you want to make a simple cut with a hacksaw 1/8" deep across the undersides of the mirror mounts about 3/4" past where the main spar bars end. When you 'flap those down, those cuts will disappear. hence no pics. Point is, if you're going to bend the main spars out more, you're going to have to 'flap' the mirror mounts down so they remain flush with the fairing wings. Like I've said before, this mod IS NOT for everybody! If you don't have the ability to seriously make this happen, don't try it!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.