Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im at 28,000 when do i need to start getting nervous.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm at 69000 miles on my 92 (had it since 56000), but 4000 miles ago I did a overhaul with oversized pistons, new rings, new main and connecting rod big bearings. It had no symptoms of wear before (knocking or other noises), and the valve clearances have always stayed in spec. Only thing to go wrong is the fuel pump quit.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Just my experiences...On the down side I had wheel bearing start to go at that mileage on my rr-w but that was possibly exaggerated by 3 winters. Head bearing possibly too. The rear shock will be useless at that mileage if its still original. Clutch too depending on how its been abused.

On the plus side, if the motors had regular oil changes with quality oil it should go on for ever and a day, and there is Honda'a build quality so if looked after it will look for a long long time!

I really love my 929, hope you do, so give it some tlc and it will be good for some years to come! :thumb:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Im on 20k on the 954RR, 2k on the Hornet and 20.5K on the VFR.

Bikes can go on forever*, as long as they recieve the TLC they need.

*Figure of speech but i've seen some very high mileage e.g. 70-90k

·
Registered
48 Posts
Should go 100k easy. I bought a CBR 1100xx Blackbird a couple of years ago and joined a forum. There was a mileage thread and a guy in the UK had 400k miles on his Blackbird. He was a courier so the Bird was how he made his living.

Rick

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
There is a guy in MN that has a 600F2 that has 300 to 400,000 miles; the odo has rolled over several times. It doesn't matter if it is a car or a motorcycle; it is a Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have over 101,000K. miles on my '02 954, purchased new. Live on eastern edge of LA basin, ride all year/75 mile commute to ONT airport, plus one 4K tour yearly. Speed sensor, steering stem bearings, wheel bearings, flapper/EGCV servo motor, bushings on EGCV have been replaced. Full synthetic motor oil typical, Mobil One preferred (auto variety). Looking at cam chain plus tensioner next. I really love this bike and I've had many.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What mileage should I change the cam chain on my 03 954 ? I've heard they have problems, but I just think they are naturally loud. I have 14k miles on my blade now. I change the oil frequently and take care of other things when needed.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
What mileage should I change the cam chain on my 03 954 ? I've heard they have problems, but I just think they are naturally loud. I have 14k miles on my blade now. I change the oil frequently and take care of other things when needed.
Ryan, go away, noone likes you! haha, hey, I heard FoCo got hammered with snow last night?

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The cam chain tensioner will go long before the chain will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have over 30,000 on my 96cbr 900.i always thought that was high miles for a bike ,but i guess i was wrong if she will go to 100,000.that good info to know.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
it is definitely not me...but I'm a whore and wanted to post in this thread...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts