Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know ccwilli has a blog. I check in on him periodically that way.

Who else here is a blogger - and why?

I was an English minor in college and spent four years as the lead scribe for our union newspaper at work, so I'm starting a blog, fledgling as it may be, as something of an outlet when the "need to write" strikes the Wordy One. Since I sold my bikes, I don't have the urge to run on and on here (aren't you boys and gal the lucky ones? :p).

Just curious if anyone else blogs.

:cheers:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Chain said:
I was an English minor in college and spent four years as the
lead scribe for our union newspaper at work,
Never could've guessed! ;)

My :twocents: on blogs...waste of bandwidth.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Red Rider said:
Never could've guessed! ;)

My :twocents: on blogs...waste of bandwidth.
I think it might be interesting to look back on what you wrote five or ten years down the line, assuming you were making pretty regular entries...like a virtual diary or some such.

:idunno:

I dunno though, you might be right. While I admit to being at work on one, I question the intrinsic value of blogs, hence my initial question in this thread.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Heavy D is a blogger, isn't he?
not really. I have one, but haven't kept up with it. I use to maintain my website w/ news and crap about my wife and I to keep out of town family and friends up to date. The bloger was an easier way to do that, but I still don't update it.

It is mostly race reports right now.

HD

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heavy-Dee said:
I use to maintain my website w/ news and crap about my wife and I to keep out of town family and friends up to date. The bloger was an easier way to do that...
That seems like a great use of a blog for a guy who lives a long distance from his extended family. :thumb:

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Chain said:
I think it might be interesting to look back on what you wrote five or ten years down the line, assuming you were making pretty regular entries...like a virtual diary or some such.

:idunno:

I dunno though, you might be right. While I admit to being at work on one, I question the intrinsic value of blogs, hence my initial question in this thread.
Granted it can be an effective way for a family member to keep relatives informed (i.e. military personnel), but people who post their day to day ramblings, and worse, the people who bother to read them, should probably find more constructive things to do with their time. :twocents: + :twocents:

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gotta saddle up with Phobe on this one, RR. We regulars have spent ALOT of time on the board here over the years.

I guess it's all in what/how/where you want to spend your e-time.

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
Chain said:
I gotta saddle up with Phobe on this one, RR. We regulars have spent ALOT of time on the board here over the years.

I guess it's all in what/how/where you want to spend your e-time.
Agreed, but factor in your time here AND time spent blogging and it has to consume a good part of your day. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts