Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance is redecorating one of her rooms for me when I move in. She found this border, but neither one of us knows who it is.

Any ideas?

link

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Maybe.
Unfortunately, a lot of people today don't really know about him. He was a dominant rider back in the eighties when the bikes were monsters and the GP competition was at its fiercest. He's the only person to win both the 250 and 500 GP titles in the same season, and retired after only three GP titles.
Had he kept going in GP, he would have certainly caused major problems for Rainey, Doohan, Schwantz, etc.
He went out at the top of his game as a legend.
But because of that many current GP 'fans' don't know of him.
He runs a kick ass Freddie School, and is such a nice guy it's amazing.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
He also did some commentating for the AMA races for a while. He beat KR too His championship winning season in '83 is considered by some as the biggest battle in GP history. I think Freddie won that championship by only 2 or 3 points over KR and he was like 20 or 21 years old.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Great posts!
In addition to those accolades, it should be mentioned that Freddie was a major asset to Honda as a development rider....and is still a special advisor to HRC. I think its safe to say that his feedback has influenced the bikes we ride today....

I have always wanted a Spencer replica helmet...but felt too sheepish about wearing it to buy one.....

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Baketech : Great posts!
In addition to those accolades, it should be mentioned that Freddie was a major asset to Honda as a development rider....and is still a special advisor to HRC. I think its safe to say that his feedback has influenced the bikes we ride today....

I have always wanted a Spencer replica helmet...but felt too sheepish about wearing it to buy one.....
I would have guessed a Gardner based on your avatar . . .

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Baketech : Great posts!

You and Bruce are alike in that way, it took him forever for him to get one. I had to almost drag him to the Honda tent for him to get it signed. Freddie was signing all weekend, finally Bruce got it signed.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
I don't know, just would seem weird wearing that helmet when I can't ride for chit....

If I could get one signed though, I would probably wear it...hook me up Booth....

The Gardner one is cool too.....a friend of mine has a nice Dunlop replica....very nice...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I used to wear a Freddie replica helmaet back in the eighties, and I still think they look cool. I had a Gardner replica for a while, too, thankfully, I didn't start highsiding when I wore his helmet.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts