Who would make the Best President?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the top 4 candidates still running, who do you feel would make the best President and why?

·
Registered
21 Posts
America isn't ready for a black pres, so I'd like to see Hil make. It would be a good change requardless of what she does or doesn't accomplish.

·
Registered
198 Posts
America isn't ready for a black pres, so I'd like to see Hil make. It would be a good change requardless of what she does or doesn't accomplish.
At least it would be a man. I don't think we should EVER have a woman as president. I am not racist...but how would it look as a big and powerful country and a Woman is leading...don't get me wrong...I like women:eyebrows: just not as president.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Margret Thatcher scared the crap out of me, I think you just need a woman with a good set of stones which Maggie did of course have...... If the world was full of women leaders how much worse could it be?

·
Registered
198 Posts
True...actually to tell you the truth...I really don't care. As long as I get to do whatever I want (legally of course) then I'm fine.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mitt's the man. Smart, articulate and knows how to accomplish things. Will get the economy back on track with tax cuts and being more fiscally conservative (unlike Bush who was spending like a drunken sailor). I don't let the Mormon thing bother me either. Obama is a good speaker but hasn't accomplished anything except talk. Hillary says anything she has to, to get accepted. Both of them are wiennies on fighting Terrorism too!
McCain looks strong in the polls but personally, he's too old and voted for Amnesty which I don't agree with.
Unfortunately, I think in the end it will be Barack Obama as Pres.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Its funny that no one has mentioned their thoughts on the candidates position on issues (other than a vague reference by denzee). African American...woman...whatever is not important... What are their positions on the issues that are important to you...or you...or me...that will make my decision for me. Although so far it is looking like I will vote Barak...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Care to expand on this one for us?
Not sure he needs to.
The dems are telling Hillary that America is not ready for a Woman pres.
And come November, they will do the same for a black man whos name is Muslim and refuses to put his hand over his heart durring the pledge of alligience.
Look! I'm gonna vote for Obama, but what does that matter? I live in California, so my vote has no consequences. California will vote Dem.
But because you asked an obvious question, I'm gonna answer it.
POLLS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING! When the curtain closes behind the American voter, old prejudices will rear their heads. And THAT is a guarenty!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Its funny that no one has mentioned their thoughts on the candidates position on issues (other than a vague reference by denzee). African American...woman...whatever is not important... What are their positions on the issues that are important to you...or you...or me...that will make my decision for me. Although so far it is looking like I will vote Barak...
I think it's because THEY ARE ALL LIERS! So what does it matter what comes out of their mouths?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think it's because THEY ARE ALL LIERS! So what does it matter what comes out of their mouths?
Assuming that what you say is correct...and to a large degree it is...not all liars are created equal. Using the liar premise I pick not necessarily the one believe the most (what comes out of their mouth), but the one that based upon my judgement of their actions or there lack of action...what I beleive they will do. Does what they say correspond with their actions in the past...actions doesnt only mean voting on issues. Was the politician in attendance at an event that is significant to me...etc...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My concern is not whether the voters are intelligent because I think most are...but rather informed. There seems to be an abundance of voters that votes based on things that are irrelevant IMHO...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You're not kidding. Remember Reagan's second term?
There was a whole ground swell of idiots that were voting for him because, "I want to vote for the winner." Not a winner, but the winner.
It was the most pathetic thing I have ever witnessed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts