Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Firstgear Killimanjaro Air jacket(complete with a few hunderd thousand insect corpses) that says it is to be hand-washed only. I'm thinking if I remove all of the padding/armor and throw it in the washing machine on the 'gentle' setting it will be okay. Anybody tired this or have any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Nope but I did hand wash and hang dry the JR Phoenix I have. Bugs aside it was nasty the dirt that came out of it :eek:

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Ive machine washed Aerostitch and JR Textile stuff with no problems. Just use cold water and the gentle cycle after removing the padding, then hang dry. You will want to get some more scotchgaurd and reapply it after it is dry.
Chris

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Go for a ride in the rain. Any time I've been caught in the rain with either of my Joe Rocket Jackets I've washed all of the bug snot off.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Because even the washing machine will make them fall apart. :p

Just kidding...old joke for some of the regulars.;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I machine wash my 'stich Roadcrafter II with Nikwax Techwash(non-detergent) and then TX-Direct wash in waterproofing as per directions on the bottles. No problems here for the last 8 years or so... :thumb:

Tim

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
luvtolean said:
Because no one has lived long enough in one to have to clean it before.... :p

Just kidding...old joke for some of the regulars.;)

Fixed it for ya. For some of the regulars.

:evilaugh:

·
Registered
172 Posts
NinerPilot said:
Ive machine washed Aerostitch and JR Textile stuff with no problems. Just use cold water and the gentle cycle after removing the padding, then hang dry. You will want to get some more scotchgaurd and reapply it after it is dry.
Chris
+1 w/ my roadcrafter.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You'd probably be ok if you have a front loading washer that tumbles the clothing instead of the agitator in the middle.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
CBRVFR said:
Fixed it for ya. For some of the regulars.

:evilaugh:
:clap: :rotfl:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
washed my fieldsheer on the gentle cycle even though it says don't machine wash. I think I tumble dried it on either low or no heat and the gentle cycle. Came out great. If it has a zip out liner I'd take that out too (wash it too if you want but don't leave it in the jacket)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts