Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mostly personal preference. I get tired of hearing about drive by's, Glocks, cash and honeys. Too much of it has become fake. How many of the guys that rap are actually gangstas?? Plus almost all of it sounds the same to me! I'll take my 80's rock anyday!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I don't.
I like all kinds of music. From classical to punk rock it's all good as a genre. Now some songs, even some groups or singers are just there so you can laugh at them.

Same here... I'll listen to anything.. just depend the mood that I am in.

Just like Rock, Country, Classic, Blues, Rap, Gospel, some band are just crappy in my taste and some are just awesome...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Rap seems too depressing for me. The rythm, bandwidth, and noise level is too slow.
Heavy metal might not tell a story or paint a picture well as rap, but it shakes things up better and faster. Metal does a better job stress testing power supplies too.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
it depends on which groups. I've listened to the genre since it began. We've come along way from Bambatta and the rest of the oldschool stuff. I still keep KRS One, Gangstarr, PE to name a few in the cd player. And I'm a big fan of a Tribe Called Quest.

I don't care for the dirty south stuff, just don't like it. All the bling bling, Moet, and Cristal rap, don't care for that either. There is still great stuff that comes out every year but it's overshadowed by all the bullshit. Nothing new really.

·
Registered
244 Posts
it depends on which groups. I've listened to the genre since it began. We've come along way from Bambatta and the rest of the oldschool stuff. I still keep KRS One, Gangstarr, PE to name a few in the cd player. And I'm a big fan of a Tribe Called Quest.

I don't care for the dirty south stuff, just don't like it. All the bling bling, Moet, and Cristal rap, don't care for that either. There is still great stuff that comes out every year but it's overshadowed by all the bullshit. Nothing new really.
"There is still great stuff that comes out every year but it's overshadowed by all the bullshit."Excellent point!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't.
I like all kinds of music. From classical to punk rock it's all good as a genre. Now some songs, even some groups or singers are just there so you can laugh at them.
:plus1: I listen to anything and everything ... have to have variety. Bubba Sparxxx in the CD player right now - and that's sorta rap, albeit redneck rap.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Because most of it is poor sounding music interleaved with vile concepts for lyrics that are usually obscene on top of it. There is a tiny amount that isn't that way but it is not worth sifting through cubic acres of sewage to find a single good cookie.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
When the dominant words in a rap song are muthah f*ckah, I turn it off.
Do they use any other words? I can't make any others out :idunno:

I know there is some rap with a decent message, but all I've heard has been stuff I don't want to associate with. And the sound is more noise than music. I just can't get into it. I like pretty much everything else (with the exceptions of specific groups/songs), and can even take country in small doses. Rap makes me reach for the off button.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Because most of it is poor sounding music interleaved with vile concepts for lyrics that are usually obscene on top of it. There is a tiny amount that isn't that way but it is not worth sifting through cubic acres of sewage to find a single good cookie.
:plus1: You captured my thoughts a little more eloquently. :thumb:

·
Registered
228 Posts
The other thing is that it's not real music. It's a single beat, repeated over & over on an electronic sound board.

Where are the musicians actually playing instruments? Where's the actual talent? OK, so you can rhyme on the fly....

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Some of those guys (read definitely not all) create great sounds through another medium. Using electronic equipment to create sound, well some people that do it, are every bit as good as any musician on the planet IMHO.
To someone that doesn't know the first thing about it I understand that you think that they are just pushing little buttons. Some really great music has been created using electronic equipment.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Message? :huh:

I was playing Nine Inch Nails yesterday - wonder what kind of "message" is in that?

To each his own.:patriot:
I know, having a "message" might be stretching it on a lot of music out there, and did leave the disclaimer about certain bands and songs ... and NIN would be in/around that disclaimer.

Yes, to each his own ... you gotta love this country for having that freedom :thumb:

Now if people would just let me have my freedom from hearing their electronically generated rants played at volumes that at best exceed the capabilities of their equipment, and are damaging to hearing ... :rant:

·
Premium Member
4,302 Posts
Some of those guys (read definitely not all) create great sounds through another medium. Using electronic equipment to create sound, well some people that do it, are every bit as good as any musician on the planet IMHO.
To someone that doesn't know the first thing about it I understand that you think that they are just pushing little buttons. Some really great music has been created using electronic equipment.
+1000

1 - 20 of 77 Posts