Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda CBR F4 that's been in storage for about 5 years. The first 2 years we took it out for service every six months like clock work. The last 3 years, not so much though when we put it in last, it had been checked (fluids and such), new battery and new plugs. Pulled it out last month; took tank off, clean it, drain fuel line, put tank back on, fresh fuel, new battery. It turns over (no noises, clean turn, no stuttering or anything) but just won't crank all the way. Suggestions (that don't involve hundreds of dollars because that is not an option right now)?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hook a set of jumper cables to another battery and try a little aerostart to see if that will get it across the line.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a Honda CBR F4 that's been in storage for about 5 years. The first 2 years we took it out for service every six months like clock work. The last 3 years, not so much though when we put it in last, it had been checked (fluids and such), new battery and new plugs. Pulled it out last month; took tank off, clean it, drain fuel line, put tank back on, fresh fuel, new battery. It turns over (no noises, clean turn, no stuttering or anything) but just won't crank all the way. Suggestions (that don't involve hundreds of dollars because that is not an option right now)?

Try bypassing the kill switch.
Try bypassing the fuel pump.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this the f4i? (Fuel Injected) Or the carbed version? Many times with carburetors the jets get completely clogged from the fuel sitting inside them for so long that they wont start. I've seen this happen with bikes that have only sat for a year or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts