Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is "how" a more appropriate question to ask?

I just spent the last 40 minutes dealing with them. It breaks down like this… 10 minutes to get through the stupid auto attendant and speak to a human. Said human says I called the wrong number and I need to call another 800 number that he can’t transfer me to. Call second 800 number, spend another 10 minutes going through the auto attendant and finally get to another human. Said human transfers me to some extension, and I spend another 15 minutes on hold. I get hung up on. Call back again and somehow manage to skip the auto attendant and get to a human immediately only to hear him say that “tech support is currently broken. Please call back in 2 hours”.

What does that say about the company? Not only does the service suck, but they can't help their customers because they can't even keep their help desk running.

No, I was not calling for me... :p

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Because they have convinced a huge portion of the consumers that you can't get to the internet safely without them.

I love how they claim they have invented the most advanced popup blocker in the industry, while they are actually the inventors of the popup in the first place :huh: .

They also developed the infamous fingering technique for getting through corporate firewalls for AIM and then made certain their stupid program advertised the ports just to make certain the hackers didn't get confused.

Oh and you know those 6 extra entries in your NIC properties? Yep, you NEED those to safely navigate the internet . . .

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
abtech said:
Because they have convinced a huge portion of the consumers that you can't get to the internet safely without them.

I love how they claim they have invented the most advanced popup blocker in the industry, while they are actually the inventors of the popup in the first place :huh: .

They also developed the infamous fingering technique for getting through corporate firewalls for AIM and then made certain their stupid program advertised the ports just to make certain the hackers didn't get confused.

Oh and you know those 6 extra entries in your NIC properties? Yep, you NEED those to safely navigate the internet . . .
Al Gore is my hero :patriot:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
It's too much of a hassle to cancel. That's why they're still in business.

I used to have AOL and when I wanted to cancel it took me about 30 + minutes. They offered everything possible to get me to stay with them.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Custom900 said:
It's too much of a hassle to cancel. That's why they're still in business.

I used to have AOL and when I wanted to cancel it took me about 30 + minutes. They offered everything possible to get me to stay with them.
I have heard this as well...giant PITA to cancel with them so people keep it.

:hmm: :hmm: Maybe I could sell one of those "Cancelling AOL for Dummies" books

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
OSIRIS said:
I have heard this as well...giant PITA to cancel with them so people keep it.

:hmm: :hmm: Maybe I could sell one of those "Cancelling AOL for Dummies" books
Shit.... I had the opposite problem. My mom lives out in the boonies, and AOL was the only ISP option for her. So, we set her up on an account, and I paid for it automatically going to my credit card. This worked great for years, until I lost the card and the bank had to re-issue it.

AOL tried to charge the old number, and it wouldn't work. So, they turned off the account. I called them up to give them the new card number, but they wouldn't talk to me because my caller ID didn't match the number on file (I had moved since setting up the account), and I didn't have the old card number (which the bank wouldn't give me).

It seemed absolutely moronic to me that they didn't want to take my money. By then a local ISP had set up shop, so after fighting with AOL for over an hour on the phone, I told them to shove it.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
One of my daughter's friends was over and they signed up for the free 30 day trial several years ago and asked for my CC number for the trial. Being somewhat naive about AOL's business practices, I gave them the number and 6 months later noticed a recurring charge of 69.95 per month!

I called and started yelling at the first person I could actually speak to and was "accidently" disconnected. I then went on their site and saw their normal charges were more like 29.95 per month, but they had "upgraded" the free trial account to "Platimum" status with all the trimmings :)idunno: ).

I tried about 4 times to cancel and get my money back and had absolutely no success until I called American Express and explained they had fraudulently started charging me for a service I hadn't signed up for and guess what? AMEX drop kicked their charges and I got every penny back.

Ever since then, I have gone out of my way to recommend ANYTHING over AOL.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
AOL is the Devil!

·
Registered
461 Posts
navydevildoc said:
It seemed absolutely moronic to me that they didn't want to take my money. By then a local ISP had set up shop, so after fighting with AOL for over an hour on the phone, I told them to shove it.
an ISP set up shop in an hour? :huh:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts