Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you think Clinton is so quiet on Kerry's behalf right now?

I already know CBRVFR's theory, have thought about it, and think I agree... :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,983 Posts
according to the news, he's supposed to start stumping for kerry this week... Something about heart surgery and getting the docs to approve it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,318 Posts
bwhip said:
Darn good question! We'd better ask Hillary... :smilebig:

I just talked to some guys at work here about it. It's an interesting theory.

Theoritically, Hillary could run in 2012 but Edwards (if Kerry is elected) probably will also. So she would have a hard time getting the Dems to nominate her over him.

Interesting.

HD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,508 Posts
My thought is that he wants Bush to win so Hillary can run in 2008. The timing of the release of his book over the Summer was suspect, since he stole some of Kerry's thunder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
It really is simple. He did not do much early on and he did have bypass surgery. For anyone that has not been around someone that has gone through that it takes a lot out of the person (even in best case scenario).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sheepofblue said:
It really is simple. He did not do much early on and he did have bypass surgery. For anyone that has not been around someone that has gone through that it takes a lot out of the person (even in best case scenario).
If you think that the timing of his surgery is that straightforward.... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Baketech said:
If you think that the timing of his surgery is that straightforward.... :rolleyes:
I do my mother has had 3 operations and all 3 are on a oh sh$$ basis. Generally anything that extensive (if memory serves me he had a triple bypass) is not put off more than a few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sheepofblue said:
I do my mother has had 3 operations and all 3 are on a oh sh$$ basis. Generally anything that extensive (if memory serves me he had a triple bypass) is not put off more than a few days.
With the kind of health care and monitoring available to Clinton, I doubt there is a parallel here, but we all have an opinion... :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
846 Posts
ER said:
My thought is that he wants Bush to win so Hillary can run in 2008. The timing of the release of his book over the Summer was suspect, since he stole some of Kerry's thunder.
This is my opinion, also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Baketech said:
With the kind of health care and monitoring available to Clinton, I doubt there is a parallel here, but we all have an opinion... :thumb:
Trust me, regardless of quality of Dr that is a very stressful thing to your body. Admittedly Klinton is younger than my mother which is in his favor.

Also procrastination for an election could be fatal (yes I know this via mom also as she was VERY close one time), I do not see Klinton as that big of a fool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,086 Posts
Analysis: Clinton eyes U.N. post

By ROLAND FLAMINI, UPI Chief International Correspondent

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has set his sights on becoming U.N. secretary-general. A Clinton insider and a senior U.N. source have told United Press International the 56-year-old former president would like to be named leader of the world body when Kofi Annan's term ends early in 2006.

"He definitely wants to do it," the Clinton insider said this week.

A Clinton candidacy is likely to receive overwhelming support from U.N. member states, particularly the Third World. Diplomats in Washington say Clinton would galvanize the United Nations and give an enormous boost to its prestige. But the former president's hopes hang on a crucial question that will not be addressed until after the presidential elections: can he get the support of the U.S. government -- a prerequisite for nomination?

The political wisdom is that a second George W. Bush presidency would cut him off at the pass. The notion of Clinton looming large in the international arena from "the glass tower" in New York would be intolerable to the Bush White House. If Democratic candidate, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., wins on Nov. 2 the prospect of Clinton as secretary-general won't exactly be welcome either, but Kerry would find it much harder -- if not impossible -- to go against it.

After a Middle East U.N. Secretary General (Boutros Boutros Ghali) and an African (Kofi Annan) it is generally considered Asia's turn to fill the post, U.N. experts say. No announcement has been made, but behind the scenes China is already pushing the candidacy of Thai Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai, who also seems to have U.S. support. If Clinton does emerge as a candidate, however, China would most likely shift its support, the experts say.

Full Story: http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/10210010aaa038a4.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=LATEBRKN&Type=News&Filter=Late Breaking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,250 Posts
It was hard enough to get sleep before....now this? :crap:

figment said:
Analysis: Clinton eyes U.N. post

By ROLAND FLAMINI, UPI Chief International Correspondent

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has set his sights on becoming U.N. secretary-general. A Clinton insider and a senior U.N. source have told United Press International the 56-year-old former president would like to be named leader of the world body when Kofi Annan's term ends early in 2006.

"He definitely wants to do it," the Clinton insider said this week.

A Clinton candidacy is likely to receive overwhelming support from U.N. member states, particularly the Third World. Diplomats in Washington say Clinton would galvanize the United Nations and give an enormous boost to its prestige. But the former president's hopes hang on a crucial question that will not be addressed until after the presidential elections: can he get the support of the U.S. government -- a prerequisite for nomination?

The political wisdom is that a second George W. Bush presidency would cut him off at the pass. The notion of Clinton looming large in the international arena from "the glass tower" in New York would be intolerable to the Bush White House. If Democratic candidate, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., wins on Nov. 2 the prospect of Clinton as secretary-general won't exactly be welcome either, but Kerry would find it much harder -- if not impossible -- to go against it.

After a Middle East U.N. Secretary General (Boutros Boutros Ghali) and an African (Kofi Annan) it is generally considered Asia's turn to fill the post, U.N. experts say. No announcement has been made, but behind the scenes China is already pushing the candidacy of Thai Foreign Minister Surakiart Sathirathai, who also seems to have U.S. support. If Clinton does emerge as a candidate, however, China would most likely shift its support, the experts say.

Full Story: http://interestalert.com/brand/siteia.shtml?Story=st/sn/10210010aaa038a4.upi&Sys=siteia&Fid=LATEBRKN&Type=News&Filter=Late Breaking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,390 Posts
figment said:
Analysis: Clinton eyes U.N. post

By ROLAND FLAMINI, UPI Chief International Correspondent

WASHINGTON, Oct. 20 (UPI) -- Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has set his sights on becoming U.N. secretary-general.
Oh man. :sless:

Klinton and Kerry? I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight...
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top