1,500 Posts
Re: More good press <sarcasm>

The story has some holes in it ....... :huh:

but bad press none the less :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
showmethebombs said:
Maybe we could name threads better...that way searching would be easier, and reposts would cut down. :clap:

makes sense. :thumb:

not to mention your title brings more attention (closet squid come out the woodwork to see "Stunts" :evilaugh: )

none the less the story doesn't seen to be complete

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah, I was lifting weights last night with an LEO neighbor who works that area. He told me about it. He was also telling me that more and more bikes in his area are running from the police after passing speedtraps at high speeds. How much more of this stuff until they really start cracking down?

Highway 364 is our newly opened "Page extension" that connects St. Louis County to St. Charles County, where more and more of the population is living. It's a runway for bikes. It's also a crowded highway. :mad:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
929_Nupe said:
do you have anymore info then what's on the cnn page?
No, he pretty much reiterated what we've read. St. Peters and St. Charles police aren't going to take this lightly and will be looking to find out who those guys were. It burns my a$$ to even think about it. So many squids around here blow me off when I tell them to take their wheelies to the backroads. It was only a matter of time before they hurt someone else besides themselves.

I sure don't miss streetriding. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
not AT ALL condoning anything these guys do.... just a side note:

Only one was wearing a seat belt.
:eek: :eek: I feel totally uncomfortable without a seatbelt on. 7 of 8 people not wearing seat belts? Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm not supporting the Squidfest on the road but the squids cuting off the suv and the St Louis extreem film session seem to be two different issues. (not that either is acceptable) if the incidents are one in the same, once you see a bunch of dick on bikes doin dum shit don't you give them some space :huh:

it's early and I'm slow someone help me out

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
929_Nupe said:
I'm not supporting the Squidfest on the road but the squids cuting off the suv and the St Louis extreem film session seem to be two different issues. (not that either is acceptable) if the incidents are one in the same, once you see a bunch of dick on bikes doin dum shit don't you give them some space :huh:

it's early and I'm slow someone help me out
The ones I've seen doing stuff like this ride between and around cars. I don't think you can give them space. They look for cars parading so they can ride a stand-up between them.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
929_Nupe said:
......once you see a bunch of dick on bikes doin dum shit don't you give them some space :huh:
Nope, I'm not gonna alter my safe and legal driving for a bunch of assholes. If some squid on a bike wants to try to cut me off, he better hope he clears me, 'cause I'm not gonna move. If he screws up, he pays the price. He can kill himself for all I care, there's no way in hell I will put my life and the lives of my family in danger just because some prick that can't ride worth shit thinks the road is his.
When I see squids on the roads, I write down plate numbers and call police.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
These f*cking a-holes need to go to jail, their bikes on a hook, their licenses to drive suspended for a long, long time.

This is another painful reminder why insurance companies redline sportbikes. The street stunna crowd is comtemptable, every last one of them.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
ER said:
The ones I've seen doing stuff like this ride between and around cars. I don't think you can give them space. They look for cars parading so they can ride a stand-up between them.

gotcha :thumb:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
showmethebombs said:
Maybe we could name threads better...that way searching would be easier, and reposts would cut down. :clap:
Sorry - I suppose that was a pretty obscure way to name that post this morning.

I live only about an hour away from St Louis - and have ridden down there a few times. The last time I was down there about ten guys passed me doing over 100 - one of them on an older F2 doing a standup wheelie in and out of traffic. I think that was on highway 270.

I wouldn't change lanes for that crap, either. If they wanna bounce off my Z-71 it won't bother me any.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
johnnycrash said:
Sorry - I suppose that was a pretty obscure way to name that post this morning.

I was not directing anything towards you Jonny...we have all done it...including myself. Then I kick myself in the butt for naming it something off topic, or giving it a weird name, when I go to search for it later on. :)

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Chain said:
This is another painful reminder why insurance companies redline sportbikes.
I've been saying this for a while now. Link

BDA has the right idea. They teach you in race school "Hold your line" and "Be predictable". Calling the cops w/ #'s is also a great idea.

HD

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Man, thinking about this has ruined my morning. :crap:

I should be the first to admit that there was more than one time where I rode WAY too fast on the highway. I remember riding back with two other guys after a group ride and we played tag on a highway. I regret it because in a sense I'm a hypocrite for criticizing others when they ride unsafe (my wife has been pointing that out to me). I could probably count on one hand only those times but I still did it and I should confess that.

I've always been one to push for using the backroads for this type of riding. That doesn't excuse it at all, but I look more leniently on a pack of bikes that use seldom-traveled backroads to ride wheelies instead of the local highways. I remember the second-to-last group ride in which I participated. There, those guys (primarily stunters who also raced) rode to a pretty-much abandoned side road and filmed their stunts. An occasional car would pass through but there was no traffic otherwise. At least they were being safe about it.

I dunno...this whole thing bums me out and it has put me in a bad mood. :(

1 - 20 of 61 Posts