Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The agenda driven media strikes again. So with the terrible accident in New York with the plane of Cory Lidle the media has decided to jump on the bandwagon. :rolleyes:

The Mayor of NY:

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, a recreational pilot with decades of experience, said he believes the skies are safe under the current rules.“We have very few accidents for an awful lot of traffic,” he said. “Every time you have an automobile accident, you’re not going to go and close the streets or prohibit people from driving.

Where do you find these comments? At the END of an article where they report that fixed winged planes now are restricted over NY, they quote everyone that doesn't have a clue about the situation first and bury the Mayor of the city, who happens to be a pilot at the end of the story where most attention span deficit Americans won't even read.

But it gets better MSNBC at least mentions Bloomberg's comments, refer to the end of the article.

CNN decided the elected Mayor of the city wasn't worth a quote and ran the AP story with his comments cut completely off the story only leaving the reasons why planes should be restricted. :rolleyes:

Who are the most powerful people in America, is it the media that preach to the majority?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
All in how you tell the story and present the mat'l. Good news doesn't sell, only horror and fear that is what sells.

But the mayor is right. I say the samething to people when they tell me how dangerous motorcycles are.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I agree the Mayor is right but do really think it is just that horror sells? Do you think if his allegiances were rooted in another direction his comments would have moved up the page?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts