Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like ad says my bike has some weird stuff going on with it i would love to know if it was from somewhere dif or something its a 96 with a one hole gas tank 893 engine and the odometer is in kmh anyone know if thats from somewhere else or what?

and also can i hook up mph gauges and the reading be right

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
like ad says my bike has some weird stuff going on with it i would love to know if it was from somewhere dif or something its a 96 with a one hole gas tank 893 engine and the odometer is in kmh anyone know if thats from somewhere else or what?

and also can i hook up mph gauges and the reading be right
The VIN will tell you what model it is.
The instruments could've been replaced but doesn't Canada run kph?
Yes, you should be able to swap instrument clusters without affecting accuracy. Check that the connector is the same though as the bike may have different wiring if it's from a different market.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Doesn't everywhere in the world EXCEPT the USA run in km/h, or the metric system for that mater?
Like said earlier, either the bike is imported, or the gauges were replaced.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Doesn't everywhere in the world EXCEPT the USA run in km/h, or the metric system for that mater?
I think parts of the UK still use a mix of imperial and metric?
I thought the US used metric in the military and Police and such departments as well.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
The UK uses mph on vehicle speedo's for sold in the UK for the UK market..

My bike however is an import and has a kph gauge..

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The VIN will tell you what model it is.
The instruments could've been replaced but doesn't Canada run kph?
Yes, you should be able to swap instrument clusters without affecting accuracy. Check that the connector is the same though as the bike may have different wiring if it's from a different market.
yeah the connector is the same they plug in and seem to work i was just making sure the speedo was correct thanks for the help

so is there a sight that de codes your vin i tried one one time and it didnt work the one i used is motoverse my vin isnt 17 numbers how is that my registration says below vin is correct also

heres my vin sc282356858

IMG_3083.jpg picture by robertseber - Photobucket

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yeah the connector is the same they plug in and seem to work i was just making sure the speedo was correct thanks for the help

so is there a sight that de codes your vin i tried one one time and it didnt work

heres my vin sc282356858

IMG_3083.jpg picture by robertseber - Photobucket
I don't have a manual that lists the 900RR VIN's but somebody else should have.
The French tag though would indicate to me that it's a Canadian bike :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes sir it rear ended a dump truck i have just started to put it togather thanks for the input though :thumb::thumb:

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
yes sir it rear ended a dump truck i have just started to put it togather thanks for the input though :thumb::thumb:
Good to hear.
I hate seeing bikes parted out when they're still so young :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts