Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share with you my friends experience riding my 954 the other day. He owns a 2002 GSXR 1000. It has full hindle, TFI box, etc.
...now he rides my 954 with a devil slip on and -1 gearing, he was making me offers to buy my bike....both our bikes have the same mileage(under 3000)..any way, he could not believe the power of the bike....he loved it. He owned Honda before(2002 F4i) and really liked it, but it got stolen. So when I had the gixxer 750, he liked it and bought the Gixxer 1000. Its a great bike(very powerful) so he rode my bike and loved it. He told me how comfortable it was..couldnt believe what an animal the bike was and how hard it pulls....

Just thought I'd share you this story why Honda's are the BEST BIKES with USEABLE POWER in the street and the track, they pulll like animals dammit!!! :evilaugh: (much nicer looking to especially the faster silver/black)

The gsxr 1000 is no slouch by any means so him telling me that made me want to not get rid of the bike...I want the 1000RR too!!! :rant:

·
Registered
264 Posts
NYC954RR said:
Just wanted to share with you my friends experience riding my 954 the other day. He owns a 2002 GSXR 1000. It has full hindle, TFI box, etc.
...now he rides my 954 with a devil slip on and -1 gearing, he was making me offers to buy my bike....both our bikes have the same mileage(under 3000)..any way, he could not believe the power of the bike....he loved it. He owned Honda before(2002 F4i) and really liked it, but it got stolen. So when I had the gixxer 750, he liked it and bought the Gixxer 1000. Its a great bike(very powerful) so he rode my bike and loved it. He told me how comfortable it was..couldnt believe what an animal the bike was and how hard it pulls....

Just thought I'd share you this story why Honda's are the BEST BIKES with USEABLE POWER in the street and the track, they pulll like animals dammit!!! :evilaugh: (much nicer looking to especially the faster silver/black)

The gsxr 1000 is no slouch by any means so him telling me that made me want to not get rid of the bike...I want the 1000RR too!!! :rant:

the cbr is a funner and way more comfy bike. but you can't touch a gixxer once the rpms are over 10,500. the gixxer is a whole different animal. my boy has one and we switch back and forth all the time, all i can say is tell your friend to got rev happy with the gix and the cbr can't touch it. but the cbr has WAY better brakes and handling and is WAY more comfy. but if speed is the issue the gixxer is king. i have to say that around town, the 954 is more user freindly. oh and the shifting linkage is way smoother and tighter on the gix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
phobiaphobe said:
I heard that the motors on those things explode when you hold them wide open in top gear for a few minutes.

:poke:
i say bull____ i held mine on rev in 6th gear for about 3 mins i have alot of gearing done as well -1 frt and 46th in the rear thats 15,46 it moves.
6 inch extended arm, slip on, air box mod, 40 shot 6.30s on motor no time on gas

·
Registered
316 Posts
he was poking fun at l'timbré (hence :poke: )

NYC954RR whats the milage at now?? i have put just over 4000 on it this year alone. Unfortunately it will have to sit for the entire month of July :crying: so you got time to catch up :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts