Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... i have a 2000 honda cbr 600 F4I. its my first bike and i dont have no idea how to mess with it. the bike used to start with no problem from all the times i turned it on, until on a 60 degree day in boston i turned on the bike with the choke all the way down ((( in which is it a good idea???? )))... I left it on till the tempeture arrow was a little less than half way ((( how long should i leave the choke on for??? ))). i notice after that, the rpm's dropped and it felt like it wanted to shut off. I took the choke off and the rps stayed low. finally i turned off the bike, and its been a couple of days and i have tried to turn it on and it does not turn on, i also charged the battery, i get more crank but it does not seen to turn on. WHAT CAN IT BE??? please help!!!! Thank you...

·
Registered
27 Posts
So the bike is turning over ? There's powere and it's trying to start but it won't turn over ? Could be somthing to do with the injetors fuel pump. The chock is only to be used when starting the bike when cold help the fuel run should only need to run it for a couple of minutes though really sorry to hear about your bike I know the pain your feeling I had an aprilia rsvr and this thing would
go wrong every other month I hope you het it sorted and stick with Honda proberly the best jap bike you can have as far as reliabilty goes

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Right, so thats a fuel issue. Your fuel pump isnt priming. The pump is attached to the underside of your tank. Lift it up, and see if there is a 'big' wire running directly from the pump to the frame. It is the ground. Its common for this wire to loosen due to vibration since it is held on by a 10mm nut

·
Registered
27 Posts
Find the fuse box and check all fuses They are small coloured plastic things you will need some small grips or fingers to pull them out look at them and see if there is a break in the metal bridge goIng through the plastic kinda like a broken light bulb

·
Registered
555 Posts
No have not... People have told me no to hehe... The plugs I will check today... What is the airbox?
if you dont even have the knowladge of basic running componants you really need to take the bike to a shop and let someone look at the bike because if you start replacing parts you could be wasting your money and you will probly be riding sooner that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thank you guys for all your help. Im not going to mess with it because i could probably screw something up... im going to take it to a bike shop so than can do a diagnostic and lets see what happens... i will let you guys know what happend... Thanx again! :smilebig:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.