Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, i'm from singapore. Recently bought a 06'1000rr, i've found out that there's a "click" sound whenever i twist the throttle. So as to say, whenever i change the gears.

The sound happen to come out when i close the throttle and open it again. Need to find out what's the cause of it.

Thx for any help provided.....:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think its just that, as the sound come out from the front area around the handlebar there.

anyway thx for the help....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
does it do the sound when the bike is off? also does it do the sound when you have the key in the start position but not actually on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it does not sound when its off, however at neutral gear, when i rev the bike and do a close-open throttle action, there will be a click sound....

·
Registered
206 Posts
Is it even engine related?? Perhaps the front clip on is loose? Or the ignition? Or maybe a radiator bolt is lose. Or fairing bolts or those little plastic guys that hold on the inner plastic in front of the radiator. I lost a couple of those. Or how about a loose bolt on the hand levers or fluid resivoir?

Can you feel it while you are riding. Like feel a vibration each time it occurs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it even engine related?? Perhaps the front clip on is loose? Or the ignition? Or maybe a radiator bolt is lose. Or fairing bolts or those little plastic guys that hold on the inner plastic in front of the radiator. I lost a couple of those. Or how about a loose bolt on the hand levers or fluid resivoir?

Can you feel it while you are riding. Like feel a vibration each time it occurs?
no i don't feel it and there isn't any vibrations, it's just a click sound.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Is it just one click or is it more like a rattling??? I had to replace my cct (cam chain tensioner) with a manual cct. My bike would make a rattle sound when I twisted the throttle. It sounded like loose bolts or something like that up around the front of the bike just below the handle bars. Turned out to be the cam chain rattling!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts