Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am buying a 900rr from my boss it's really considered a basket case prob but it's not all that bad cleaned the carbs and got it running but when i twist the throttle and watch the plungers in the car only one opens it runs on 2 and sometimes 3 cylinders it chargers the battery and everything else works cleaned the plugs....only thing i didn't do is carb diagphrams would that cause the none running on one cylinder? im not a motorcycle guy altho i work on everything else at the mower shop i work at.....just don't want to mess this up.

·
Registered
791 Posts
No they won't, not as an assembly. They are side draught not down draught. IDK if you could take spares from them though.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Are all of the plugs getting spark?

You say you cleaned them, but do you know how many miles they have done?

If a cylinder isn't firing, first thing to do is check for appropriate spark to the header

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No they won't, not as an assembly. They are side draught not down draught. IDK if you could take spares from them though.

I thought all the 900RR's used the same carburetor casting?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
In the US they call a 900 hornet a 919 :)

Later CBRs have the throttle position sensor so that's at least one difference, though could well be the same castings.

I think the Hornet is a 919 everywhere.
But it still uses the same engine castings as the 900RR's so the carbs would be the same - except that 919's are all injected.
Since he's asking about carbs I would assume hes referring to the SC33 carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts