Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the design is different.

But part numbers for tail light bracket, rider seat, pillion seat, and most probably tail light are the same.

Sub frames have different part numbers.

So, can I just bolt on the 96-97 tail fairing plastics (side covers, taillight surround, and upper midle plastic) onto my 93-95 subframe?

Or do I need the 96-97 subframe? If so, does that bolt on?

Or will this whole idea just fail and I'll have gaps, or other fitment issues, and things won't bolt right up?

Was going to just buy some 96-97 fairings and dick around but tail fairings in good shape go for some decent coin on ebay, don't want to throw money down the drain.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tail light bracket has same part number. Unable to confirm tail-light as they aren't showing part numbers in online databases due to parts availability I'm guessing, but 99% sure they are the same, considering they look the same and share the same bracket.

Unrelated, well, sort of. I know 98-99 has a different tail light, but the metal tail light bracket is actually the same between 93-99.

I have a suspicion that one can put 92-97 tail lights into a 98-99 by using a 96-97 tail cover fairing (the one that surrounds the tail light).

So far lots of "shoulds". Don't really want to gamble on this, but seems like I may have to...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a suspicion that one can put 92-97 tail lights into a 98-99 by using a 96-97 tail cover fairing (the one that surrounds the tail light).
I take that back, after looking at a 98-99 tail it seems there are cut outs in the side tail fairings to accomodate the 98-99 tail lights. Still interesting they use the same bracket though...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Tail light bracket has same part number. Unable to confirm tail-light as they aren't showing part numbers in online databases due to parts availability I'm guessing
I think you can see all of the part #'s here, dualheadlamps:

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/par...modelid/1085/block/13MW0N41/blockref/F__1700/

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/par...modelid/1144/block/13MW0N41/blockref/F__1700/

https://www.lingshondaparts.com/par...modelid/1186/block/13MASW41/blockref/F__1600/

These are for Uk bike parts, so you may want to go back to the Bike Date/Area Selections and make sure for your local build of bike.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Duncan, I was using ronayers.com, they are missing a lot of part numbers.

So as suspected the tail light bracket is correct.

I still want to do this tail swap, plan to find some fairings and test it out sometime this winter.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I still want to do this tail swap, plan to find some fairings and test it out sometime this winter.
Excellent. :thumb::thumb::thumb: I'm torn between originality and the fact that the double-vent seat unit is definitely more appealing. Pictures, please .......

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Excellent. :thumb::thumb::thumb: I'm torn between originality and the fact that the double-vent seat unit is definitely more appealing. Pictures, please .......
IMO There is too much obsessing over originality (I’m a major culprit) sometimes it’s nice just to plough your own furrow and do what makes you happy. Nice thing with mountain bikes is that there is no such thing as originality, you just do your own thing. Both of mine are highly modified.

·
Registered
445 Posts
IMO There is too much obsessing over originality (I’m a major culprit) sometimes it’s nice just to plough your own furrow and do what makes you happy. Nice thing with mountain bikes is that there is no such thing as originality, you just do your own thing. Both of mine are highly modified.

I agree, Gunk. For complete transparency, I have an RR-P style single seat unit that I am planning to install, with a spare rear light unit. The plan is to paint it to match the std paintwork, but with a race number board. Modified originality? :grin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts