Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the rear sets interchangeable between SC28 and late SC33s?

Looking to swap in an aftermarket set with linkage for some reverse shift action on my 1994. Parts came off a 1998 900RR.

I noticed 96-97 SC33s have a different frame part number than 98-99. And different rear set components. Do rear sets even interchange between 96-97 and 99-99?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So according to some aftermarket parts manufacturers, the mounting positions for the foot peg holders are the same. So I know it will bolt up. Since the linkage is adjustable, I'm pretty sure it should work...

Can anyone confirm?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,119 Posts
The triangle and bolt width are the same. They will bolt up with no issue.

HOWEVER:

The issue is that on the brake side Honda changed the brake lever on the SC33 (well, at least the 98-99 SC33) and gave it a zigzag where the brake master piston shaft bolts on.

So keep in mind your rear brake master cylinder may not bolt up. The SC28 master has threaded holes for the bracket mount, where the 98-99 has no threads. I know this because I was switching mine around a few years ago and got it all wrong lol

Give it some more research. You’ll see the brake levers are different part numbers at least from 93-95 to 98-99. Not sure about 96-97.

This is my 93 with the 99 foot peg set up. See how the master is in between the heel guard and the mount bracket? No threads, the bolts thread into the triangle bracket. The 93’s was on the inside of the bracket and the bolts threaded into the master itself, thus the reason for the offset of the newer lever.

I hope that helps a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts