Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a really good deal on a titanium Akrapovic slip on. It came off a 750 gsxr. It has the same pipe diameter as my system, but I was wondering if it would negatively affect the power? My thinking is if the flow through diameter and length is the same as my current end can, how could it? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated?
Bladeracer?

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
I found a really good deal on a titanium Akrapovic slip on. It came off a 750 gsxr. It has the same pipe diameter as my system, but I was wondering if it would negatively affect the power? My thinking is if the flow through diameter and length is the same as my current end can, how could it? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated?
Bladeracer?
You can run anything, although a greater volume will probably be quieter.
I've had an OEM GSXR750J muffler on my car for years.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did a little research, and found that Yoshimura makes the same pipe for the gsxr 750 and 1000, same part number and measurements. So much for them developing the slip on specifically for each model.

·
Premium Member
32,104 Posts
Did a little research, and found that Yoshimura makes the same pipe for the gsxr 750 and 1000, same part number and measurements. So much for them developing the slip on specifically for each model.
A muffler is just a muffler, especially when it is focused on topend power. When tuning for midrange then mufflers become a little more complicated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.