Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the site and just wanted to know if a 929rr gas tank would fit on my 98 cbr 900rr, just keep in mind that I do have race carbs with stacks so it must clear. O and the reason for me asking is that I have rust all in my tank

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys new to the site and just wanted to know if a 929rr gas tank would fit on my 98 cbr 900rr, just keep in mind that I do have race carbs with stacks so it must clear. O and the reason for me asking is that I have rust all in my tank

If you don't mind doing a fair amount of modification, otherwise no.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Is there any other way I could get rid of the rust or just get a used tank

Not really. There are liner kits but they're a bit hit and miss in my experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just had alot of rust in my tank (someone left the tank outside over the winter) i used acetone and ball bearings, or small pebbles, or marbles i was told.DO NOT use sand.. i did this.. and wow! what a pain in the butt to try and remove all that. You shake it around like a mad man for about 15-20 mins to clear out all of the rust. After that i bought the liner stuff that coats the inside of the tank. Seems to be holding up pretty good.. I did have to clean the petcock etc pretty good from the old rust.. I would recommend putting an inline fuel filter in as well, just to catch any thing else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts