Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the board and to CBR900RRs obviously.  I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the 1994 900RR doing unintentional wheelies in anything but first gear.

I test drove this yesterday and I'm wondering if it's something you need to worry about when snapping the throttle on from cruising in 2-6 gear.

Anyone think this is too much bike for a 5th year rider (on an EX500)?  I love the bike and feel very comfortable handling it, but I only took it on a few short rides, so I'm not really familiar with what kind of trouble I can get into on one.  I want a bigger bike to take on longer stints than my EX was good for.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
  Welcome to the .org!  

Edit: Whoops, leapt before I looked (at your post more closely) - deleted original reply. Still, welcome to the .org.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
You could probaly get it up in 2nd if you knew what you were doing, other wise I doubt it, IIRC those things were barely over 100 hp and quite a bit heavier than a 929/954.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Your welcome crap_shoot. Yeah, I read your post title and immediately assumed that you were a stunter - rushed in with my reply of admonition and then read your post . Sorry, my bad.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome to the org!I think as long as you have common sense and self control that bike should be ok for you,huge difference compared to your 500 though,just take it easy until you get to know it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome, I'm sure that 900 still has enough power to make crap shoot out your , like the others said, get a feel for it first

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
just be careful in 1st gear, 2nd is pretty safe unless try to provoke it intentionally , but then it will take a little effort, nothing will happen accidentally.

also

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
you should be fine. I went from a 99 ex500 (first bike and for only one year) to a 2001 929 and i did fine. just take your time for the first 1000 miles or so cuz you need to learn the throttle first.

·
Registered
59 Posts
on a stock 93-94 900RR... you're pretty safe in anything but first, unless you're leaned over really hard and gas it in 2nd, it might slip the back tire a lil. mine's a 95... but its had some severe work done to it... it'll throw it up in 2nd no problem, 3rd with a little clutch....gotta dyno sheet around somewhere, 139rwhp

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you can get the front wheel up in 4-6th gear call the guiness book of world records........

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
KIDRR : If you can get the front wheel up in 4-6th gear call the guiness book of world records........
or get rid of the 50 tooth rear sprocket

·
Registered
6 Posts
well a stock 1994 fireblade has 124-128bhp and can easily do 170mph

mines got a race can and thats all even with prielli corsa diablos i can spin the rear at 50mph

just take it easy:thumb:

·
Registered
737 Posts
well a stock 1994 fireblade has 124-128bhp and can easily do 170mph
...124 at the flywheel when it was BRAND NEW. Rear wheel power equates to 100-108hp.

If you go by that formula, my own heavily modded 95 900RR has around 180-185hp at the flywheel (153.6 atw)!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.