Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my wife has a cbr300r with a blown engine. Now I can do one of two things. Pay to get the engine fixed. Or buy a new engine. So I was thinking. Since they both going to cost about the same and she is ready for a faster bike. I want to buy a 600rr engine. Will it fit the cbr300r frame?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dont do it. Even if it does fit i wouldnt' let a loved one ride it. It will be unsafe. 600rr is a whole nother level of power and performance compared to the cheap and cheerful 300. Brakes, chassis and suspension will not be up to par by a long way. Not to mention the unspeakable things you would have to most likely do to the structural integrity of the bike to make a four-pot fit where a single was doing it on the cheap backyard style.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,899 Posts
Dont do it. Even if it does fit i wouldnt' let a loved one ride it. It will be unsafe. 600rr is a whole nother level of power and performance compared to the cheap and cheerful 300. Brakes, chassis and suspension will not be up to par by a long way. Not to mention the unspeakable things you would have to most likely do to the structural integrity of the bike to make a four-pot fit where a single was doing it on the cheap backyard style.
^^^ Sound advice. :plus1:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
^^ What they both said. Unless you're going through an ugly divorce and want to keep all your stuff...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts