Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Low-sided in T3 Saturday at Portland International Raceway (NESBA track day)... I knew about T3 too. It's famous for smacking riders down with cold tires. It's the only left hander on the track.

I was able to go to 11 track days this year before this incident so I can't really complain too much. I'm just glad I didn't cause other people to wreck and didn't get injured in the process

The bike skidded on the left side off the track. When it hit the dirt, it flipped to the other side (damaging the tank on the way over). It's a bummer, but at least no one was injured. I'm going to be looking for parts. Here's the list so far:

1) Both upper fairing brackets (the one that holds the gauges; and the one that connects to the thingy)

2) Windscreen

3) Tank (maybe; don't know yet if I'll fix this; it's dented pretty bad but it doesn't leak)

4) Master cylinder and some parts surrounding it

5) Throttle cables

6) Kill switch assembly

7) Right clip-on and weight

8) Plastics (upper and lower); The ARD plastics (as Abtec mentioned before) do NOT hold up well in a wreck. They cracked all over the place. Too brittle

9) Left rearset; Probably just buy Sato this time; I had PPTuning and wasn't too happy with them; They look nice, but they're a little flimsy and my feet would slip off occassionally; not cool

10) Both engine covers

List goes on but it's not too bad. Definately fixable

I'll attach pics of the carnage later.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
TGZ13 said:
Hmmmm is there something you want to tell us :eyebrows:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sorry to hear abut your spill. about the only thing i have on you list is the weight for the right clip on but if you need it you got it :thumb:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Your bike looks a lot better than mine. Then again I high sided and got two flips out of my bike. :crap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts