Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

Can anyone recommend a nice after market wind screen to reduce wind noise ??? - see info below

Reason i ask is:-
Recently wrote an 05 Repsol CBR1000rr off in an accident in the wet and got paid off my insurance company an ended up buying an very clean and little used 07 model in all black.

I've noticed excessive wind noise through my crash hat when i ride on the road and at first i thought it was my new Arai helmet.
After thinking about it i checked my previous same model Arai helmets and they are all the same size and a good fit etc, so i started to think abit more.
Then i realised the bike had a tinted after market screen on the bike. I got the original one off the previous owner so checked the profile and shape against the aftermarket one. They looked identical.
I decided to wip the screen off anyway and placed it next to the OE screen. The profiles were very slightly different to each other, so i fit the OE screen on the bike.

The OE screen is better and seems to have just 'moved' the zone of buffeting windnoise to help reduce the noise in the helmet.

• Can any one recomend a nice ( not tacky or cheesy ) after market screen with a slight black tint to suit my bike.
I used to have a 'double bubble' screen on a 929rry a few years ago when i lived in the UK and that was great. I know live in Australia ( the weathers better for riding ) :)

Dean

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
SORRY FOR RESURRECTING AN old thread (and autocaps) but this problem is a slam dunk for earplugs. Wind noise should never be suffered as it causes hearing loss which is unrecoverable.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Earbuds and an iphone with the music turned up full, you won't hear the wind noise then.
While lots of people do this, it doesn't solve the eventual hearing loss problem. Look up tinnitus. Irreversible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts