Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my trip to Germany this week I got the chance to do some fast cruising on the autobahn. I have never noticed this at home because of the speed limits here in Norway. I only get short bursts of high speed when i think it is 'safe' here. Whenever I exceded 160 km/h my windscreen/upper fairing/mirrors started to vibrate bad! I did not feel anything in the bars. I could see that even the thick steel bars that hold the upper fairing and mirrors would start to vibrate. It was possible to kill most of the vibrations only by putting a couple of fingers on the screen. Is this a common problem, and is there a fix for this?

Edited spelling, but I'm sure there is a lot of other bad's as well

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
i've notice the same on mine, i think my bike and maybe yours might be showing some age. my thougths are that some of the rubber mounts in the upper cowl / headlight / faring stay / mirror area are beginning to deteriorate and are not as tight as they once were. but i have been wrong before. good enough reason to buy a new bike though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
929 does the same. It's been up on this forum a few times over several years. A couple including myself have several times looked for a windscreen bracket like Harris did for the old Blade but could never find one.
Love to hear if anybody comes up with one....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts