Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Walking at least 2x a day to improve fitness and get my ankle rehabbed... :twocents:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Gym 5 days a week, year-round. 30 mins of cardio followed by weightlifting. Cardio is either a stationary bike, elliptical machine, rowing machine, or treadmill.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
HondaGalToo said:
Gym 5 days a week, year-round. 30 mins of cardio followed by weightlifting. Cardio is either a stationary bike, elliptical machine, rowing machine, or treadmill.
:eek:

Note to self...a little less backtalk to HGT might be beneficial... :p

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Weightlifting (mostly compound movements for the greatest benefit in the "functional strength" department) M-W-F; cardio (treadmill or running outside depending on the weather) T-Th. Sat/Sun off. Repeat.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I find my self in at the gym 5 days a week. I start with weights for close to 50 minutes and then move on to about 40 minutes of cardio. I only take the one day a week off of weights and that depends on how heavy I go on certain muscle groups that week. Normally it is thursday that I do an entire 2 hours of cardio with no weights.

I have just changed this routine around again and now I am starting to work on my diet. That is the hard part, you only have to be in the gym for an hour or two a day, your meal plans you have to work on 18 hours a day.

I am noticing some decent gains but I NEED to drop from the 215 lbs that I am sitting at currently, around 15-16 % body fat. I would like 190 at about 10-12 % body fat. (in a prefect world)

Good luck and yes a spinning class would be beneficial too

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Baketech said:
:eek:

Note to self...a little less backtalk to HGT might be beneficial... :p
:rotfl: Don't worry, I gave up powerlifting 15 years ago. The days of the 300 pound deadlifts are long gone! :D

I wish I had the time to do more weightlifting. I'd like to do each bodypart twice a week, but I just can't fit it in. What I do is each bodypart once per week. For each, it's three different exercises (extra for legs), 3 sets of 8-12 reps each. Monday is legs, Tues chest, Wed back, Thurs shoulders, and Fri arms. It's enough to keep me in shape.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
MrX954 said:
Whats everybody else do for exercise in the winter months when mountain biking really isn't an option :allears:
Fine, put restrictions on it. :D Then again, it is an option. Just slide my run to the evening from the morning in the winter. Mtn bikin' happens on the weekend with the sun droppin at 4 pm.

Stop being a sissy and get some studded snow tires and winter gear.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Body part a day, high rep lifting (with a light cardio warm up) and strive to road bike 100 mi week, though it's usually more like 75 mi.

Still skinny with a layer of chub on me. :rotfl:

Spinning will kick the most fit person's ass.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
luvtolean said:

Spinning will kick the most fit person's ass.
This is true, even back in my peak condition this used to kick my ass. Then again, pissin off the instructor by tellin her cyclin is for sissy's didn't help. :D

Needless to say I wasn't the class favorite that day. :idunno:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts