Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am new to this, but I have a background in mechanical components (Engineer). I figured since I cant ride come November and not until roughly March again, what the heck tear the bike apart and clean it and bring her back to glory as if she just came off the show floor. I will be posting pictures heavy, however the descriptions might be vague at times due to not having too much time. haha Well to start it off, I have a picture of her before she got naked and the start of something beautiful!
Below you will see some of the parts I have for her:
-Rear Carbon Fiber Hugger
-Watsen Flush Mount LED Turn signals brushed aluminum with a pearl white finish
- Miscellaneous screws, bolts
- Pazzo Shorty Racing Levers Candy Blue (not pictured)
- Driven rear and front sprocket (not pictured)
- 520 Steel Candy Blue Chain (not pictured)
- HID High Beam Kit. (not pictured)
- LED Licnese Plate holder (not pictured)
- Gille Tooling Rear Sets (not pictured)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Nice candidate to refurbish. Looking forward to pics, and seeing the finished product. The 929 is one hell of a good bike imo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, beautiful the saddle with logo fireblade, and good fun for the pieces that you have to put.
Thank you Steve!! That was actually done by http://www.luimoto.com/ who treated me great and the quality of the seat covers are great!! Easy to put on and upholster!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow!!! this saddles are beautiful, and personalized for the customer, nice even the tissue suede like this ... http://www.luimoto.com/img/gallery/231-l.jpg
Oh yeah that is beautiful wish i could afford that bike haha but remember those are just covers for the seat and not the seat itself. but you probably figured that out!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Sorry posting more photos now, installed new air filter, pazzo shorty racing levers (Blue), clutch cable, and gillies tooling rearsets that need heel guards yet!. Cant wait to show you guys a nice surprise....custom headlight coming from BKMoto at the end of the month!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice project.

What is the story with the swing arm ?? The chain adjuster segment at the end of the swing arm is not stock. The OEM bit has been cut off and a new bit welded on. Odd.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KGprice were did you get them turn signals at bro? I wouldn't mind getting a front set.
thanks
@khalstead12 I mentioned before I got the from Watsen Design LED Signals however they do not make them anymore for our bikes, I got the last couple sets :smilebig: They werent cheap either but are made to last, brushed aluminum, high quality electrical wire connections, super bright leds, and flush mount to perfections (once I get the fairing kit on closer to spring, ridiing season, I will post a picture) Good luck you may contact him as he is a very nice Canadian however he is a one man machine for these turn signals and stopped doing Honda and Yamaha or BMW im pretty sure.:plus1:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
More goodies came in!! Galfer rotors for a great price from motomummy, limited edition D3 Driven grips, Vortex blue oil cap, and front fork spools! (Also all from motomummy...more to come soon guys and ladies

Attachments

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Nice stuff. Isn't it fun putting brand new parts on your bike? I know I love it. :nod:

Don't forget to install your discs with the carriers out of phase from each outer. They even mention that in the instructions. I didn't read the instructions. (surprising huh?) :D
If you forget, you'll hear a swish swish swish when you're braking at low speed. I have no idea if there's any high-speed consequences, but I know the swish drove me crazy after about 2 rides.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice stuff. Isn't it fun putting brand new parts on your bike? I know I love it. :nod:

Don't forget to install your discs with the carriers out of phase from each outer. They even mention that in the instructions. I didn't read the instructions. (surprising huh?) :D
If you forget, you'll hear a swish swish swish when you're braking at low speed. I have no idea if there's any high-speed consequences, but I know the swish drove me crazy after about 2 rides.
Oh yeah the amount of money ive spent over the past month is ridiculous hahaha but so worth it. Have to treat my one baby! Anyways thanks for the advice.
:plus1:

·
Registered
62 Posts

hmmm....i never knew that. on all discs or just aftermarket?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts