Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding just the day before yesterday; just enjoying being out on two wheels.

I just spent most of today putting the 'blade to bed for the next four months because of this

I managed to get everything done with the 'blade EXCEPT, refill with fresh oil. It just got too cold to do anything more. I couldn't feel my fingers!

The question...is there any harm in waiting to refill the crankcase? They're shipped unfilled so I would not think there would be a problem.

I put a note over the ignition to refill with oil so I won't forget and start the engine without it.

Any thoughts? Other than move back to SC, I mean. (I would if I could)

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Man-up and get out there to fill the crank case cowboy! :eek2: :D

Seriously, I'd not take a chance on the note falling off or you somehow forgetting. No reason not to go pour your 3.9 quarts of oil in (or whatever it takes, can't recall just now).

That or you could buy a little forced-air propane heater like the one I just got at Menards for $90. I'll be working in the garage all winter long!

:highclap:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I stored my blade this afternoon. And since the wife's gone, I thought I would do it the way I wanted for so long...... :D

And about your question, I would put oil back in it before spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts