Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hei

I have changed my motor, but forgot where to place the + and the - pole from the batteries to the motor. I think it's gonna be the - pole to the senter of the engine, under the carburators/fuel pump and the + pole to the right of the engine beside where the clutch wire is connected to the engine. Is this right? Or where goes the + and - wires from the battery?

Under the seat cover it's three connectors. One green, one black and one white/yellow. The yellow/white one was burned/fried/bad connection, so i cut if of to get a new one, but then i did'nt remember where the wires goes. It's three yellow wires on each side inside the yellow/white connection, do you understand what I mean?
It has something to do with the charging of the battery. Do I have to check this with a Volt-meter or can I just connect the wire's(don't matter with one goes where and so on, or is this wrong)

If anyone know's, it would be awesome

Lars

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I have same model and I will take few pictures of all wires and post them later, but not sure if european sc28 will be same as USA model .

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hei

I have changed my motor, but forgot where to place the + and the - pole from the batteries to the motor. I think it's gonna be the - pole to the senter of the engine, under the carburators/fuel pump and the + pole to the right of the engine beside where the clutch wire is connected to the engine. Is this right? Or where goes the + and - wires from the battery?

Under the seat cover it's three connectors. One green, one black and one white/yellow. The yellow/white one was burned/fried/bad connection, so i cut if of to get a new one, but then i did'nt remember where the wires goes. It's three yellow wires on each side inside the yellow/white connection, do you understand what I mean?
It has something to do with the charging of the battery. Do I have to check this with a Volt-meter or can I just connect the wire's(don't matter with one goes where and so on, or is this wrong)

If anyone know's, it would be awesome

Lars

Positive goes from the battery to the starter solenoid, then from the solenoid to the starter motor.
Negative just goes onto the engine to earth it.
The three yellow wires do not need to be connected in any order - they are three seperate phases of the alternator.
You will also want to check the stator is actually working as the melted connector often indicates a fried stator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okei, thanks! Last year I used to recharge the battery, It holds a week or so when I recharge. Got new spark plugs now, so it's easyer to run-start if I go out of eletricity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts