Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

New to this site. Found it while searching for my wiring problem. On my 2004 CBR1000RR my Speedometer/gauges stopped working. The weird part is my bright light signal and turn signal notification still work on the gauge cluster still works. Took the left fairing off to look at the fuse box and found the 10 amp (IND,Meter tail, POS) fuse is blown and has a 20 amp fuse in the slot. Which just lets me know this isn't the first time someone had blowing problems. I put a new 20 amp in and it blow as soon as I turned to key on. I also pulled the connection out of the back of the gauge cluster and tried and new 20a fuse and it blew the fuse again soon as I turned the key. The wire that comes from the back of the fuse that's blown is brown/yellow. I don't know much at wiring problems on bikes so any and all help is greatly appreciated. Please help.

EDIT: Looking through this site and found a similar problem on an 07. Still can't find my problem though.
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/electronics/90265-cbr1000rr-07-keeps-blowing-10a-fuse-for-dash-speedo-display.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts