Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a sp1 hillclimber. Bought a torn out engine and harness (half harnessby the time I looked it over) and started wiring it up. Went through and jumped all the safety trickery / kill switch / ignition and she no sparky. The only unusual thing I'm gettin is the bank angle solinoid won't power up. It bench tested good but for some reason the circuit isn't pulling enough amperage???? Test light says it should be engaging but it doesn't.
So I jumped the black/white and red wires to bypass the solinoid and still nothing.

Anyways I'm looking for some people to throw out some ideas before I loose my mind.

Oh ya. No gauges, no baro sensor, no evap system, no handle bar harness' or switches, didn't get the harness for the cam sensor (should run without I imagine) , swaped the coils for 600 rr on plug coils.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I'm building a sp1 hillclimber. Bought a torn out engine and harness (half harnessby the time I looked it over) and started wiring it up. Went through and jumped all the safety trickery / kill switch / ignition and she no sparky. The only unusual thing I'm gettin is the bank angle solinoid won't power up. It bench tested good but for some reason the circuit isn't pulling enough amperage???? Test light says it should be engaging but it doesn't.
So I jumped the black/white and red wires to bypass the solinoid and still nothing.

Anyways I'm looking for some people to throw out some ideas before I loose my mind.

Oh ya. No gauges, no baro sensor, no evap system, no handle bar harness' or switches, didn't get the harness for the cam sensor (should run without I imagine) , swaped the coils for 600 rr on plug coils.

Any ideas?

I assume you do have a manual for the bike?
I doubt it'll run if the cam sensor is not connected.
Does the fuel pump prime?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't have it connected but power from the fuel cut relay is working like it's supposed to. Primes then switches the relay off. The manual doesn't help much, nothing to trouble shoot the converter or ECM. Just says to check the power feed and ground wire. The converter is getting power / ground as well as 5 volts from the ECM on the coil circuits but won't fire the plugs for some reason.

The cam sensor should just act like it failed and just throw a code. I'm just wondering if there's something stupid like the headlights need to be installed to draw current through the bank angle solinoid or something.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Don't have it connected but power from the fuel cut relay is working like it's supposed to. Primes then switches the relay off. The manual doesn't help much, nothing to trouble shoot the converter or ECM. Just says to check the power feed and ground wire. The converter is getting power / ground as well as 5 volts from the ECM on the coil circuits but won't fire the plugs for some reason.

The cam sensor should just act like it failed and just throw a code. I'm just wondering if there's something stupid like the headlights need to be installed to draw current through the bank angle solinoid or something.
What do you mean by "convertor"?
The manual clearly states that a faulty or disconnected cam sensor prevents the engine from starting.
The bank angle sensor is not a solenoid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The converter is the grey CDI box that supplies voltage to the coils. The bank angle sensor has a solinoid that powers everything for the ignition (the black/white circuit). I'll have to double check what it says about the cam sensor but it's not in the ignition diagram at all. It's with the fuel circuit. The ignition gets its signal from the crank sensor. But I hope you're right. I'm gonna check in the morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts