Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

wiring harness help

582 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  machinehead 
#1 ·
Hello.
I am hoping you knowledgeable people can give me some advice on the wiring harness from the CBR basket case I bought. The wiring harness was in a box when i bought it so I installed it just to see what happened and all kinds of weird stuff happened so I figured there was some shorts. Long story short I am now not even sure this is the correct wiring harness for the bike. There is no doubt the bike is a 2002 954 RR. The problem is after stripping the wiring harness to take a good look i realized nothing matched up, not event he fuse box. I have included a couple pictures hoping someone will recognize it and can point me in the correct direction towards the right diagram, Or I may end up having to buy a new wiring harness. The funny thing is all the plugs did match up so maybe it is from either an earlier or later year. I included a pic of the wiring diagram at the fuse box, and a pic of the fuse box. As you can see the two are not even labeled close.

Jim

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi ,take no notice of the sticker, just wire into the fuse box by wire colour (in and out), also might be worth your while to download the USA Factory Manual which you will find online as a pdf, plenty of free downloads
Edit; by the way where did you get the harness from was it new or E-bay

#3 · (Edited)
Fuse box is definitely a 954, as seen here in my buddies RR2 (2002 954), but could be shared with the 929, which would have different ECU connections I believe. Just to further confirm you have a 954 engine, on the right side of the block the cc's will be stamped on it. Either 954 or 929.

** Edit** I was able to see on your other picture that it is in fact a 954 engine :thumb:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Car Engine

Your manual's representation is not Factory Honda, so slight differences could be likely.

#4 ·
Yes ,dont know what Honda were thinking ,but most of the 954s I've seem have that sticker on the top which is wrong, looks like you have the Haynes manual , the wiring diagram in it is correct , the USA manual shows the same wiring, so you need to take notice of the "wiring out" and apply the correct fuse in that position

#5 ·
You can check the VIN number too. A 954 will have SC44 and a 954 SC50. My 929 is registered in 2002 but is defo 929. Could be simple as that, or someone tried to fit a 954 motor to a 929 frame. Best to check all the numbers tie up together. The loom - old and new - should have a sticker somewhere wither the part number you can lookup online too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.