Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Bought a 96 CBR600 F3. Brake lights had one of those rapid relays on it, and the previous owner took it off and never wired the brakes correctly. When I have the brakes wired to where they work, the blinkers don't work properly. With brakes working, If i engage either blinker, they both blink. If i don't have the brakes wired up, the blinkers work fine. Someone please help so I can start riding legally. Also, the horn is not working, all fuses are fine. A wiring diagram would help, or pictures of what wire goes where for sure. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another problem to go with this. Bike cranked, but wouldn't start. There wasn't alot of gas in the tank, but there looked to be enough for it to start. After cranking it at least 7 times, i decided to go get a gallon of gas in my tank. Put it in, cranked it 2 times before the battery started getting really weak. Could it just be the battery? The reserve switch can point down, towards the front, and straight up, which position does what?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I got brake lights to work after using a test light to see which wire got power with brakes applied. THey worked fine. That is until today. I hooked up new rear blinkers (didn't have any) and they work fine, but now the brake lights don't. None of the wires are crossed. Any input at all? I want to ride legally...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ok ok, settle down! As for the wiring, a quick trip to the mechanic should be able to fix it just fine... if you want to ride legally to get there, and as a quick fix, use hand signals although I HIGHLY recommend getting the wiring fixed asap and only ride during the day when using hand signals. As for the bike not starting up, you should have your fuel valve set to the on position, on my bike it is pointing down and I have an F2 so not too far away from ya. Reserve should be the exact opposite but you shouldn't have to use it if your tank is already full.

When you fire up the bike, or at least try to, does it sound like its churning? Kinda like... yan---yan----yan-------yan.... Or just the classic fast click, where the hell is the fuel sound? Did you open up your battery and look inside? IF its empty, some distilled water in the holes and a charger could do just fine although i would just get a new battery altogether.

There might be a problem with the wiring harness deep down that isnt directly present when your seat is off. If you can get your bike started, I would just take it to a mechanic and have them pat it down... is it inspected? SHouldnt cost more than 30$ just to get it looked at. Post back or PM me if anything changes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I should have put that I got the starting issue resolved a few days ago. It's not inspected, they don't do inspections here in Oklahoma on vehicles anymore. I will have someone do the wiring, Or Im thinking it may just be the ground. The blinker wires and brake wires aren't connected in anyway which is what's getting me. Im going to try and ground the wire for the blinkers to the fram and not the ground from the harness and go from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts