Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
We haven't had the 55 mph speed limit here for years. If you don't like the confines of a track, try Ulster or maybe the Island. I don't think you would get bored with those "short tracks" . . .

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
We haven't had the 55 mph speed limit here for years. If you don't like the confines of a track, try Ulster or maybe the Island. I don't think you would get bored with those "short tracks" . . .

·
Registered
47 Posts
l'timbré said:
Down here quebec canada, we have roads where we can go to really let loose. In the woods, bumpy , real bumpy roads but no houses nothing.

Can you tell me anything about ALBERTA or BANFF? Not for bike riding, for living there. I ve applied (with family) to emmigrate and have the OK. Have to pay for visa and all that. No job over there, but CV seems good enough. Is it worth the great treck? :idunno:
I know your not an immigration officer so I won't hold you to it!!
Just some advice/background knowledge..
Gazza

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Alberta is far from Quebec, I hear from people who lived ther for a year or to loved it

GAZZERUK said:
l'timbré said:
Down here quebec canada, we have roads where we can go to really let loose. In the woods, bumpy , real bumpy roads but no houses nothing.

Can you tell me anything about ALBERTA or BANFF? Not for bike riding, for living there. I ve applied (with family) to emmigrate and have the OK. Have to pay for visa and all that. No job over there, but CV seems good enough. Is it worth the great treck? :idunno:
I know your not an immigration officer so I won't hold you to it!!
Just some advice/background knowledge..
Gazza

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well the weather has been beautiful today,but i had a 12 hour shift so i saw it all without the bike
although i do believe it may just be a nice weekend,and so i might feel the need to break a few speedlimits and various other laws which attempt to spoil my enjoyment
i really do envy some of you guys in the warm countries cos over here it will be sunny all week and then rain all weekend
sorry to hear about the crap roads there l'timbre
regards
chris

·
Registered
356 Posts
I live in South East UK right now and it's waay better than Canada where i was 4 months ago... at least here I have access to Donnington, Brands, Lydden, Cadwell, etc etc etc... i won't even remind myself how crap the roads are in Canada... friggin straight lines everywhere!

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Northern AL rocks. Beach in 6 hrs, great mountain roads in zero-6 hrs, low taxes, low cost of living and southern gals :) The only down for you is the great jobs need citizenship (military work)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Living in England isn't all that bad. I've been here for two and a half years now. The weather is quite crap at times but we've so far had a decent last few weeks. I live in East Anglia. It's quite flat but there are some crazy curves. I actually put the bike down recently on one of the crazy curves. :( Waiting for insurance to figure out what to do with the bike. England has quite a bit more to offer (scenary wise) compared to Illinois. (corn everywhere) I'm going to Korea in 6 months so I'll let you all know what it's like there. :) I can't own a vehicle there though so I won't be able to tell you how the riding is. :(

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
bladerrx said:
good reply
but i ride a motorcycle because it gives the freedom to go where i want and not get stuck in the usual bank holiday traffic jams that we in uk seem to be famous for
so to go to a trackday would be im sure a great buzz but it means i am stuck just going round and round a controlled envoiroment
I WILL NOT COMPLY TO ANY SORT OF RULES THE AUTHORITIES GIVE OUT
ok then maybe just a few....................well ok then probably most of them
but one question to our U.S. friends......how the hell do you live with a 55mph speed limit? and is it enforced to the letter or is the occassional 'blind eye'turned?
regards
chris
as Abtech said we don't have the 55mph law anymore. the Highway speedlimits are left up to the individual states now. Most Highways in Massachusetts are anywhere from 55-65. You can usually get away with upwards of 80mph if you're doing it with the flow of traffic. if you're flying in and out of lanes and stuff they're gonna pull you over. You just gotta pick and choose where you do your illegal stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
YEAH RIGHT.Trust me SOUTH AFRICA is the best place to be, WHY?
Ive been in England what a country, the only problem i was there in DEC.Rain,snow and narrow roads i dont think so.Look i can only say what i saw and that aint me.
Here in South Africa the only problem is summer we have currently temp. of 35 and riding in full leathers can be sweaty comes winter we havent got any rain and no snow.Our roads are good and twisties to many to ride them all.It can take you up to +-14 hours to go from one side of the country to the other.TO TOP IT ALL OF OUR BEER TASTE GOOD AND OUR BABES SEXY.Dont beleive come check it out.I leave in two weeks time to Spain will let you know.

·
Super Moderator
14,700 Posts
yes its true i really wish i lived somewhere else cos englands crap
I'm so glad you Pom's sent us convicts over here to Oz. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Whell So. Cal. is verry nice for a sportbike enthusiast, lately we have been getting painted with the same brush as the so called STUNTAS which makes it a bit of a anoyance and if you where to get innto a accident you would be getting looked down on, almost you are guilty onto proven inocent...
but as far as the speed limit yes its mostly 65mph in most freeways but its ussualy drive at the flow of trafic which is usualy 75 to 80 mph. on open days like the week ends, and from several personal experiences the CHP'S will let you off with a warning, usualy if the stop a guy with leathers and proper gear for speeding its almost as if they know you are not a squid and are prety cool but if you are speeding weaving in and out of lanes, specially in trafic then i dont think it matters where you are at, you are gonna get it.
hey maybe now that the euro is stronger than the dollar it would be a lot easier to jump the pond...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts